Chapter 1 - A Game

I opened my eyes to see a celieng i have never seen before.

I got up and looked at my sorroundings which was completely desolate of any human interaction.

"Where am i?"

I saw a mirror and walked closed to it.

I saw a face i had never seen before.

"Who?"

A suprised expression passed through its's face

"Is this me?"

The person who i am seeing right now is a handsome man with red hair, and brown eyes, a chiseled jawline and extremely overbearing eyes.

'Should i go outside and see where i am?'

As i was planning on what i was going to do next, Quick sudden footsteps were heard.

And the door slammed opened

" You! How are you awake?!"

" You are supposed to be dead!"

They screamed as if me being alive was something to be scared of.

"Why should i be dead?" I questioned

I walked to them, but they backed off

" No, no! Butler bring me the sword and call the knights."

As the butler ran out scared for his life, i faced the person who was shouting.

My eyes never leaving him, now that i can observe him properly, he looks like someone of high position. He has red hair and brown eyes.

No but more importantly, he looks likr an older version of who i am possesing right now.

His eyes despite glaring, is actually scared of me.

"Who are you?" I questioned him directly.

His eyes shined for a moment.

He laughed as if all of the things he did was just a joke.

"Haha! No need to be scared. All of this is just a misunderstanding!" He was laughing like an idiot.

"Oh really, what is there to misunderstand?" I smirked

"I am your Father,Lucius the Head of the Duke of Hearts" he smirked and looked at me

"The Duke of Hearts...." I stopped momentarily

So I'm in a game, this game called the Kingdom of Cards is an {1} turn based card game which should be popular with men since it was a strategic based game, but it turned out to be more popular with women as its male characters are more handsome.

But despite the demographic being mostly females, I enjoyed it.

I looked at the person in front of me, Lucius Hearth The Current Head of the Duke of Hearts.

The Kingdom of Cards is mainly the name of the whole kingdom, From it's creation. It always had 4 Dukes along with the Emperor, The Duke of Hearts, The Duke of Clubs, The Duke of Spades, and The Duke of Diamonds. In the main story quest the former Duke Lucius Heart, was a villain.

A corrupt sinister noble with undeserved power. A Duke who indulge in lust, neglectful of his responsibilities and abuse of power.

In the game, enemies is classified into stars, as in 1 being the weakest and 5 being the strongest.

Lucius Heart is a 3 star enemy, despite being a Duke. That title is the only thing that backs him up. He's weak physically and mentally. But despite that he still has some tricks up his sleeve.

But he was ultimately killed anyways by the users.

But coming back to me, it was never mentioned that the Duke of Hearts has or had a son.

So who....

am I?

[MEMORY INTEGRATION PROCESS STARTING]

as I was questioning who I am, I heard a robotic sound

[3]

What did it say?

[2]

Is this a system? Why is it counting down.

[1]

- Chapter 1 End -

{1} For reference it's like Heartstone or Legends of Runeterra, every turn you get to make an action and depending if its your turn, you can be the attacker or the defender.