Chapter 27

Cain had closed the empty space between me and him. My heart was going a hundred miles per hour as the fear set in. I was going to get beat into the gross tiled floor, and nobody was around to prevent it. "Leave me alone." I barely could squeak out. 

"Why should I do that huh? So you can run off and slut around with boys. Yeah I know that you tried to steal Claire's man. Practically begging for him to fuck you." 

"I don't know what you are talking about." Cain chuckled as slammed me into the shower temperature knobs. "Shut your dirty mouth!" He held me up by my neck, my breath hitched. I could feel my throat closing in from the pain of his hand around it. "Let...me..go."

He dropped me to the ground but not long before his fist met my face. I tried to block his punches but failed to even block one. Each hit felt like concrete breaking my nose in the process. I could taste the metallic blood filling my mouth. Tears left my only good open eye as the other was bruised and swollen. Thankfully a faint yell was all I heard before I passed out. It sounded like an adult female telling them to stop. 

I slowly opened my eye as the adult female helped me sit up. She was checking me over, dialing to the office to bring the nurse. "Hun, can you hear me?"

I nodded and spit blood from my mouth. My entire face hurt so bad but deep down my heart was hurting more. I was now a school joke and would face more beatings down the road. 

Within a few minutes, the principal and nurse walked in and knelt beside me. Each asking about a billion questions that I had no desire to answer. "Luca, right?"

I nodded in response. The principal started writing down in his notepad. "Do you know the names of the ones who did this?"

I knew answering would result to Cain knowing I snitched on him and that wouldn't end well for me. I shook my head. The nurse sighed because she knew I was lying but tended to my wounds. "Alright well, let's get ahold of your parents." 

Oh God...not my parents. My mother is going to have a heart attack and my father will have a few choice words. 
Nothing was easy when it came to telling my parents any bad news. Either I was grounded or beat. I never really told my mother that dad used to beat me if I remotely did a bad thing. Mostly he hit me with a belt or anything he could grab at the moment. I have a scar on my back from where he used a ruler and cut me pretty bad. I needed stitches and lied to my mother how I got it. I knew the minute I got home my father was gonna lay me flat and punish me.

"Please..don't.."

"Why's that?"

"I'll explain it to them when I get home. They can't know by you. I'll...get..never. Mind."

The principal seemed to take me not finishing my sentence as a sign to avoid speaking to my parents. He handed me a slip of paper to excuse me from school the next couple days to recover. Normally this never happens but avoiding school would probably be best.

The nurse applied some bandages and washed me up. She implied I got to the hospital to make sure I didn't have a concussion. I nodded to her and stood up. My balance was a bit off but I manage. I made my way through the empty halls, covering my face the best I could. I eventually made it to my car and got inside. I finally just let the tears roll down my face. I punched my steering wheel in frustration. "Fuck!"

This whole year is being ruined. I should've never met Malachi.

I should've been homeschooled. It would have been better to stay in my room the rest of my life to avoid anymore disasters. 

I drove off; heading to the convenient care for a doctor's note to not be in school. My mother apparently was waiting for me with an expression I hate seeing. How did she even know I was coming here?