Miracles

9 months later

Im sitting on the couch when Cecily walks in. Her 9 month belly making my shirt not big enough like they used to be.

Leo laughs and Cecily shoots him a death glare. "Fuck you Scott" she says waddling over to sit with me.

She sits and I tuck her under my arm close to me.

She puts her head on my chest. "This baby needs to come out soon or ima do something to make it come out" she says tiredly.

I gove a light chuckle and kiss her forehead. We decided not to figure out the gender when we found out she was pregnant.

We three sit there watching tv, and the next thing you know she lets out a startled yelp.

"What? Whats wrong" I ask quickly.

"I think my water broke" she says trying to stand. I help her stand and theres a wet puddle on the couch.

"Not the couch" she groans leaning her head on my chest.

"We can buy many more" I say soothing a hand in her hair.

"Leo, can you call the midwife" I yell helping cecily into our bedroom.

Shes having a home birth because all of her charts were perfect throughout her pregnancy.

He yells his answer from somewhere in the kitchen.

I walk her in and help her sit on the toilet.

"I already want them out" she whines.

"I know baby, just wait a little longer" I say as I walk to turn the water on to fill the tub.

Leo comes walking in with a birth bag that our midwife gave us just incase she misses the birth. "Shes on her way as quick as she can" Leo says handing me the bag.

"Ok thanks" I say walking over to Cecily

Leo walks out to somewhere in the living room and comes back with her big bouncing ball. I help Cecily over go it so she can bounce on it.
...
"Fuck you asshole" Ceciky groans at Leo as a contraction grips her. I grab her hand and she squeezes for dear life.

"I want in the water" Cecily says demandingly. "Ok mamas" I say helping her up and to the water.

I made it pretty warm but not hot.

She groans as she lowers herself into the water. She sits on her legs with them tucked under her. I grab her hand and rub circles on her lower back.
...
Cecily screams as she pushes. "There you go mama" I tell her and rub her back. She pushes a few more times and her eyes snap open.

She sits back and brings a baby above the water.

A little boy. She sits clear back and brings the baby close to her.

Ceciky starts to cry. "There ya did it baby" I tell her and kiss her forehead.

She looks up at me with tears in her eyes.
...
We three now lay in the bed together. Baby boy lays on her chest sleeping. "So what were you thinking for names?" I ask her staring at our baby.

"I havent given it much thought" she says closing her eyes. "What about CJ? Both of our anitials?" I say messaging her belly.

She opens her eyes and looks up at me. "Sounds perfect" she says with a smile. I lean down and give her a peck on the lips.

"Thank you baby" I say. She smiles and closes her eyes. We all three fall asleep cuddling.
....
THEY HAD A BABY BOY! I absolutely loved this book and writing it! I started another book called 'Level One Mute' if you would like to go check it out. Im sad this book is over. I might make an epilogue eventually. As always have a good rest of your day or night!

-E.A.