Like a stray dog

Aurora didn't know what to expect when she ran away. Maybe for her mom to chase after her. Apologize for the argument. Beg her to come back. However, none of those happened she was stuck outside with a bag of everything she had left, and too much pride to turn around.

Another downside of the situation was that she was in a place she didn't know. Yes, she came here every spring break for the past 13 years, but she didn't go anywhere when she was here. As her aunt and her mom would always go out without her.

So, she was left to her own devices to figure out where she could sleep that night.

While Aurora was left aimlessly wondering around the streets of Jamestown, Virginia, she thought about what she just did.

I mean would she ever go back? Could she ever go back? Was what she did actually a good idea?

Ironically the answer to all those questions was no. Aurora couldn't even think of what would drive her to ever go back. However she knew that this wasn't a good idea.

She knew that she overreacted. She was just so tired. Tired of being ignored, tried of having no place where she felt accepted.

She would have to figure this out on her own.

⋆˙⟡☾𖤓☽ ⟡˙⋆

After walking around the streets for a while Aurora found a small secluded area where she could sleep. It was hidden behind a circle of branches, like a safe house. It was perfect.

Going inside it she noticed that it looked like someone had lived here. It had blankets and sleeping bags littered on the floor. An icebox in the corner and a lamp right by it. But there were two things that caught her eye.

One being the amount of weapons in the safe house. There were multiple swords, spears and arrows lying around just casually on the floor.

The second was more interesting, as it was a picture of three figures. One was a small little girl who had dark curly hair. There was a second girl who had short black hair and bright eyes. Then there was the guy, he was made to be taller than the rest with short black curly hair. They seemed to make up a little family.

This made Aurora slightly scared. What if they came back? Obviously they were dangerous, no normal person just had swords laying around. But... Aurora was getting tired of walking around, and it would be getting really dark soon. Leaving it dangerous to kept walking out there.

So, Aurora sucked up the fear, picked up a sleeping bag, and laid down on the ground and fell fast asleep.

ོ༘₊⁺☀︎₊⁺⋆.˚

Slowly opening her eyes, Aurora looked at her surroundings. Not being at her aunts house almost scared her. Then she remembered she purposely ran away and was not kidnapped.

Thankfully the universe was on her side for once because the people who had lived in the safe house before didn't come.

Picking up the bag she had she found a small vial laying by it. It looked to be a shimmery gold liquid. She wondered what it was. It didn't look like anything she had seen before. Knowing that it would be dumb to drink it, she just put it in her backpack.