The Birth of Skeletal Minions

"Dizzying Spell!"

Almost instantaneously, the spell that John Smith had prepared for so long landed on the head of the skeletal archer, then lightning-fast, he darted out from among the white bones, using his staff as a sword, viciously chopping at the wrist joint of the skeletal archer holding the bone bow.

*Crack!* The skeletal archer's hand holding the bone bow fell off, and seizing the opportunity, John Smith kicked hard at the pelvic bone of the poor little skeleton, knocking it down to the ground. Then, with a swift motion, he grabbed the skull of the skeletal archer as it fell and removed it from the spine, completely subduing the hapless fellow.

"Done!"

John Smith patted the skull of the skeletal archer, quite satisfied with his performance. After all, being able to decisively attack in the moment when his disguise was exposed was a commendable combat skill. He believed so, at least. Look, if he had hesitated a moment longer, he would have been shot down by the skeletal archer's arrow. But speaking of which, where was the arrow shot by the skeletal archer?

John Smith couldn't help but turn his head to look for the arrow shot by the skeletal archer. This turn, however, turned out to be a disaster, sending shivers down his spine.

"Whoa!"

A large sword full of gaps was swinging towards John Smith.

"Oh, crap!"

John Smith didn't even have time to react before being hit by the bone sword in his waist, causing his upper and lower body to separate.

As John Smith's upper body flew and crashed heavily to the ground, he widened his eyes, watching the figure wielding the sword that was attacking him.

Without surprise, it was a skeletal swordsman, with a bone arrow stuck in its neck spine, distinguishing it from the others.

Seeing this scene, John Smith realized his misjudgment of the situation. The skeletal archer hadn't noticed him at all; it was his own paranoia and premature action that led to his current predicament. But now it was too late for regrets, as the skeletal swordsman was already upon him.

John Smith could feel a silent roar emanating from the throat of the skeletal swordsman as it approached him menacingly, raising its bone hand high, ready to smash his skull.

*Click!*

With a crisp sound, a fierce skeletal head flew high into the air.

"You think I can't handle you?"

It turned out that while John Smith saw the skeletal swordsman, he had already begun chanting the "Dizzying Spell" and prepared for it. He waited until the skeletal swordsman approached him before launching a sudden attack, swiftly taking down the foe.

John Smith's adaptability and mental resilience were commendable. Despite the unexpected situation, he managed to keep his cool.

"Danger alert lifted. Now, let's quickly put myself back together and deal with these two fellows."

After dealing with the skeletal swordsman, John Smith wasted no time in assembling his lower body. It didn't take much effort to put himself back together, and he stood up, rushing to retrieve the skull of the skeletal archer and the head of the skeletal swordsman that he had knocked off.

Once retrieved, the next step was to "enslave" them. Despite the less-than-ideal circumstances, John Smith had no choice but to "enslave" them on the spot, as he couldn't move them back to his cave for now. Fortunately, there were no other skeletons nearby, so as long as he acted quickly, there shouldn't be any problems.

The first to be enslaved was the skeletal archer. After placing its skull on the ground, John Smith calmed his mind and silently recited the enslavement spell, confirming its accuracy before raising his staff and starting to chant.

Compared to the 0-level "Dizzying Spell" and "Blindness," the 1-level "Enslavement" was different. As soon as John Smith began chanting, he felt his magical energy being consumed. Although he had completely refined the soul fragments in his soul flame and his magical power had increased significantly, the consumption still took a toll on him.

Fortunately, the chanting lasted only ten seconds, and the spell was successfully cast. After all, it was an innate spell, so as long as John Smith wasn't foolish enough to use it on a rock, there was no chance of failure.

A grayish aura flew out from John Smith's soul flame and drilled into the skull of the skeletal archer, fiercely "biting" into its soul flame before returning to John Smith's soul flame.

At the same time this grayish aura returned to John Smith's soul flame, there was suddenly an inexplicable connection between him and the skeletal archer. This sensation made John Smith realize that he had just created his first skeletal minion.

"Try walking a few steps."

John Smith, excitedly picking up the skull of the skeletal archer, ran to its skeletal frame and easily assembled it. After all, he had only removed its right hand holding the bow and its skull containing the soul flame.

"Go forward!"

Reluctantly, John Smith simplified and clarified the command.

This time the skeletal archer seemed to understand and strictly obeyed, stepping forward with *clattering* sounds until it was almost a hundred meters away from John Smith, before suddenly stopping.

"It seems that it can only understand commands that are clear and specific for now. Any slightly vague command seems to confuse it. And once it accepts a command, it will continue to execute it until I give a new command. Also, it seems unable to move more than a hundred meters away from me."

John Smith took a few steps back, watching as the skeletal archer, without receiving any commands from him, also stepped back a few steps. With that, he reached a conclusion.

Although somewhat dissatisfied, John Smith first recalled the skeletal archer and issued a new command for it to attack any approaching skeletons. After confirming that it understood, John Smith finally felt relieved. With two-thirds of his magical power still remaining, he confirmed it was enough for another enslavement spell, and proceeded to place the skull of the skeletal swordsman down, ready to cast "Enslavement" again.

A few minutes later, John Smith's second skeletal minion was born anew.