xix

ᡣ𐭩 •。ꪆৎ ˚⋅
October 10th, 2024
3:04pm

"You brought a jacket, right? The weather is gonna be super terrible today," she stated looking up towards the sky.

It indeed looked bad, dark clouds were starting to form, and the sky was already turning dark, considering it was only 3pm.

Nonetheless, Pansy and I giggled as we dragged our feet on the way there. During our journey, Pansy had come to the conclusion that I love Regulus, but I refuse to believe it. I see it more of him as eye candy, and a close friend.

However, she told me when I see him play as Seeker it'll make me change my mind.

Some roles had to be changed due to the fight that happened during a Hupplepuff v. Slytherin practice game, regarding Mattheo and some other kid who's name I forgot. Mattheo took up the position of Goal Keeper to avoid less-physical contact with others.

Draco became the Chaser to fill in Mattheo's spot, and then Regulus became Seeker since that was his best role anyway.

(He only ever chose Goal Keeper because all you had to do was keep it from scoring and it was easy..)

Anyways, Draco, however, barely acknowledged Pansy. I felt quite bad for the girl knowing that she has a crush on him. Honestly, it felt quite saddening. Her crush on him is so obvious, but he's oblivious to his surroundings.

I assumed that they were still waiting for a Gryffindor come by to start off the game, given that they were all just talking, and sitting/standing next to their brooms. After all the practice games I've went to, I still had trouble to understand anything as Pansy led me up the stairs.

However, time seemed to stop as I saw Regulus chatting it up with a girl. I assume that she was a Slytherin as well, given her robes. I felt a twinge of jealousy before I shook my head. Pansy waved her other friends off before looking at me. She followed my eyes, a smirk coming her way up on her lips.

Anyone would have guessed he was flirting with her by the way she was acting. She had blush on her cheeks and was fidgeting with her hands. Regulus had a sly smirk on his face as he whispered things into her ear. I groaned, before noticing Pansy.

"Feeling quite jealous, aren't we?" She smirked, and I clicked my tongue in annoyance. "Pfft, no, never," I looked away, focusing my attention on someone else. "But, honestly though. He never acts like that. What's going on in his brain?" I shrugged, not knowing the answer.

In the distance, I saw Draco laughing with his friends on his broom. Quickly getting her attention, I urged her to look towards his way.

All thoughts of her teasing me seemed to go away, as I let out a sigh of relief. My eyes somehow made its back way to Regulus, the girl long-gone. I had a look of confusion before we made eye-contact. He smiled at me, giving a small wave.

He's never done that to me before...

It felt like an eternity before we finally broke it off. I looked away, not bothered to wave back. The Slytherin girl he talked to, was in a misfit of giggles and her friends were behind us. She started talking about their conversation, as my ears perked up in interest..

"He started speaking to me in French!" She giggled, as her friends surrounded her. I cringed, along with Pansy who seemed to notice. The girl could only keep blushing as she tried to hush her friends. "What else happened?!"