𖣔 ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴇʟᴇᴠᴇɴ 𖣔

The whole world was turning upside down

The whole world was turning upside down. My eyes were unfocused, the image of the Emperor approaching me went blurry and the system trigger felt like a warning. My head started ringing, my ears buzzed. The entire hall's noise went mute as my leg gave out and I crossed to the oblivion. But the conscious state was not lost because I was now reliving the lost memories.

As the original host.

"Hold her properly!" I heard someone feminine say. I felt the arms that held me changing to a warmer place. Mother. My mind gave me the word. A man appeared in front of my face. His eyes held concern. I saw the vision changing to a position where I could see both. But I couldn't do anything. It was a memory that I couldn't manipulate through actions. 

"How could you trust an extraterrestrial being and send off my daughter as an experiment?" Mother said. They were arguing. And it seemed I was in the memories of the baby. It explained why everyone seemed towering over me.

"Elena, I have no choice. Starglade is getting dangerous day by day. You know that the King is getting greedier every passing moment. At least, if we send her off to somewhere through the teleportation, she will remain safe. 

"You know that we can't send her off! It will only remove her soul with another! What if she can't ever return? Ever since these extraterrestrial creatures started coming out of nowhere, you have started researching every way to return them back. Sure, they have helped us in getting advanced and sophisticated with that magic called Science. But how can you justify using your own daughter as an experiment?" She started sobbing. The man hesitated but gave up and hugged her. It got a bit stifling for me.