Chapter Nineteen

Suho:

The sun filtered through the curtains, slowly waking me up from my sleep. I raised a hand to block out the light, rolling over to hug Soojin. But all I could feel was the cold sheets. My eyes snapped open, the area next to me laid bare. I got up quickly and ran out of the bedroom, sighing with relief when I saw Soojin standing in the kitchen, her back facing the door. She turned as I stepped towards her, "Hey you're awake! Come sit down," she said, turning back to her task. I ignored her and walked around the table, wrapping my arms around her waist, "You scared me. I thought you ran off," I said, resting my head on her shoulder as she continued to cook. "Don't be a baby," she replied playfully. I nuzzled into her neck, kissing it gently, smiling against her skin when she let out a giggle. I let her go when she was done and watched her as she spooned the stew into smaller bowls. We sat down at the table and she picked up some of the soup with a spoon, holding it up to my mouth.

"Soybean paste stew! Just how you like it," she said. I smiled and tasted it. My eyes widened at the immaculate taste, then fell again. "What's wrong? Is it bad?" Soojin said, hastily taking a bite. "No it's not that, it's just. This was exactly how my mother used to make it," I replied, giving her a weak smile. She put the spoon back into the bowl and pulled me into a hug, "I know you miss her Suho, and I'm sorry," she squeezed me tight. "Don't be, if anything this brings me back to when she would teach me how to cook. I still remember all her recipes," I patted her back reassuringly. Soojin pulled away, stroking my cheek gently, "Don't dwell too much on the past, she wouldn't want to see you this upset. Now let's eat!" she said, feeding my a piece of tofu. I was yet again amazed by the flavour, the depth of the entire meal. I kissed her cheek, smiling wide, "I love you so much," I said. She grinned, pecking my lips, "I love you more," she turned back to her soup, smiling from ear to ear.

Soojin:

When we finished out meals, we placed out dishes in the sink and set out to get ready for our date. Suho wouldn't tell me where we were going, but told me to wear something fancy. I put on a black, off the shoulder corset dress with black, platform pointed stilettos. I wore my hair wavy and brushed my teeth. I did a skincare routine of cleanser, serum, moisturiser, sunscreen and lip balm then got started on my makeup. I decided to do a full face today with primer, skin tint, concealer, clear eyebrow gel, brown eyeshadow, brown eye glitter, brown eyeliner, clear mascara, bronzer, red blush, highlighter, red water tint and clear lipgloss. I set everything with a setting spray and dug through my jewellery box. I stumbled across the pearl bracelet, and picked it up. I stared at it intently, my thoughts bouncing around in my mind. I decided to put it on, along with silver pearl bowtie earrings and a white pearl bow necklace. I sprayed my vanilla perfume and stepped out of the bathroom.

Suho stood up from the couch, wearing a black, asymmetrical suit jacket and black suit jackets. He finished putting on his black dress shoes and turned around, freezing in place. His hair was slightly parted to the side, his mango cologne drifting in the air as he walked towards me. "How can someone be so beautiful?" he whispered, his hand gripping my waist tightly as he pulled me in closer. I blushed and hit him playfully, "Come on let's just go," I said, pulling away from his embrace and speed walked to the door. I heard him chuckle before following after me. We walked out to his garage and Suho punched in the code. "Nice car," I said, getting into the passenger seat. "Yeah finally got around to using it," Suho replied, starting it up. "Well why don't you drive to school instead of taking the bus," I asked. Suho turned his head towards me, "Then I won't get to see you before and after school everyday," he replied, pulling out of the driveway. "Well now that I live with you we can take the car together!" I said. "Yeah maybe when our relationship becomes a bit more public," he smiled.

I huffed, turning away with a smile. I looked out the window, watching the scenery rush by in a blur. The radio played a peaceful song and I closed my eyes, taking in the serenity. "Are you alright?" Suho asked, placing a hand on my knee. I smiled, "Just really happy," I placed my hand on top of his, squeezing it gently. After a bit we arrived at a glamorous restaurant, my mouth gaping at the sight of it. "Suho this place is beautiful!" I gasped. He wrapped his arm around my waist, "I made the reservation when you were getting ready. Come on let's go," he said, pulling me inside. The receptionist sat us down at a table and we ordered our food. Suho ordered the beef wellington and I got the steak au poivre. We also ordered a bottle of champagne to pair with our meal. I continued to look around like a lost puppy. I have been to enough fancy restaurants with my family, but this one didn't fail to surprise me. The whole thing must be bigger than double my house, chandeliers shined brightly hanging from the ceiling.