•One•

CHAPTER ONE

********************************

At a young age hate was one of the very first emotions Oliver learned about. He knew he hated school, vegetables, milk, his birthday, and his food touching. He also knew his mom hated him for a major portion of his life, no matter how much Oliver tried he couldn't seem to change her mind.

Despite his mother not caring for him while also getting bullied at school Oliver still had Danny, his mom's husband. Danny was awesome and he cared about Oliver like a dad but deep down he knew he would never be his dad, his dad was dead or that's what he hoped his mom told him because she didn't like him.

When his mom was drunk she would be really nice and he would ask about his dad and what he was like. So all he knew about his dad was he was a firefighter, he was funny and caring. She would never tell the young boy his name or how he died but she did give him a picture of him that he always kept in his pocket.

Oliver sometimes dreamed of his dad being alive and finding him, taking him away from his mother. He always ended up crying when he woke up after the dream knowing his father couldn't and wouldn't love him.

The eleven year old stopped thinking of what his life could have been and just stared at his mother who was currently yelling at him. He had got into trouble at school. "You good for nothing piece of shit can you not be a nuisance for one day. Do you see why I don't want you now, you're bad and broken nobody wants something that's no good." After a certain age Oliver stopped crying at her words, he believed she was just full of anger and sadness and that she didn't really mean it but a part of his brain knew she did mean it and he hated her for that.

"I'm not broken or a nuisance you're just a bad mom." Oliver semi yelled at his mother causing her to become more furious. She grabbed his arm and dragged him down to the basement and pushed him in.

"No wait I don't want to. Please mom." He tried his best to hurry to the door before she closed it but he couldn't make it. "Stay in here until you learn to stop being a bother." Oliver heard her lock the door, he started banging and kicking on the door until he was tired.

The basement wasn't really big and it was crowded with a bunch of crap that his mom hoarded. The boy huffed and went to sit on the old dusty couch until either his mom let him out or Danny.

Oliver hated being in the basement, it was cold, crowded, and dusty. His mother never kept him down there for long except once when he was eight. The curly headed boy shuddered at the thought.

After what felt like forever of shivering on the couch, Oliver heard the door knob start to turn back and forth. "Olli?." Said boy jumped up at the sound of his favorite person's voice.

"Danny she locked me in the basement again." Oliver complained to an upset looking Danny.

"Yea I know buddy I'll talk to her about it but come on so you can eat and get ready for bed." Oliver walked up the steps and stepped into the house. He followed his step father to the kitchen, he could smell food already on the stove which started to make his stomach growl.