Prologue - Timeline 1

Her lips quivered as fast as ever as she hid behind a tree. Her little young body was covered in leaves, making her less visible to the naked eye. She knew she was done for, and it was only a matter of seconds before she was killed by the enforcers. Her eyes closed slowly, and she thought to herself about what it would be like to finally have freedom in her life.

"Come out, wherever you are!" One of the three enforcers shouted grimly. He was covered head to toe in mild steel armor that made him look like a knight of some sort. The other two enforcers wore something similar but less detailed. They all carried a mace to ensure that their law was kept.

Her eye was able to see one of them through the leaves, and she thought about her future gruesome death of being bludgeoned by their mace's heavy force. They slowly walked past without words, and then, their leader stopped and held his hand up.

"AHH!" he yelled.

The young girl squeaked and moved a little because she was startled by the sudden loud holler. The two other men immediately turned around and spotted the shape of her body in the tree's branches.

STOMP! STOMP! STOMP! She tried to rush away, but the leaves slowed her down and because of this she tripped and fell to their feet. Her body stopped moving entirely as they stood tall in front of her little, young body. It was quiet at first and then they kicked at her side to make her lay on her back.

"Lay on your back!" The leader yelled at her. The girl was no longer resisting and flipped over, expecting her ending. The eyes were shut tight and the leader took a step forward and yelled once more.

"What is your name!?!" She didn't respond, instead, she yelled her breath from escaping her. One of the men kicked her with the mild steel boot hard which made her wince and grunt.

"I-It's," she started crying, "Ava-a."

"Ava Ronna?" One of them questioned as he, then, held his mace by the middle with one hand to his side.

"Y-yes, sir!" Her arms and legs were sprawled out making her exposed to any of their hits.

"Do you know her?" The leader said with a less aggressive tone.

"Of course, I do," he replied, "She's the one that's been stealing food from the town square market. That's the girl right there!"

Ava waited patiently for the discussion to finish over her. Then, the idea came to her, what if I ran away?

She didn't wait and she shot off like a fire arrow at twilight.

"SHE IS GETTING AWAY!!!" The leader yelled as they started to sprint. She was young and didn't have much speed but she had energy. They had strength, energy, and they were grown men, but they were wearing heavy armor.

Ava's long pretty hair flew behind her as she jumped over logs and roots of trees that were somewhat sticking out of the ground. The noises of metal and voices coming closer to her made her look back. Her fatigue started to build too hard on her.

"AHH—uhh—mmm!" she was hit by a mace that hurtled towards her from afar. She tripped over a log, hit her head hard on it, and was knocked out.