2. 12. A.m

-

On that same faithful night while Casey Becker was getting brutally murdered. Melinda O'Conner was in her room wide awake.

Soft music played on the radio as she laid on her stomach on her bed, her feet in the air as she flipped through a magazine.

She was bored out of her mind, not really paying attention to what's on the magazine.

She let out a deep sighed, closing the magazine, and tossing it to the side.

She flipped on her back and stared at the ceiling. She turned her head towards her window as she heard noises coming from outside.

Her window was slightly open, the night summer air coming inside, curtains slightly moving as it did so.

She stood up and walked over to her window. She leaned her hands on the frame before peaking her head out.

"..whoa!" A smile appeared on her face as a familiar voice sounded before her eyes met Blue mischievous eyes.

"Stu, stu, what are you doing sneaking around on a Wednesday night at 12 A.m?" Melinda questioned, moving aside to let Stu Macher inside.

Stu climbed through her window, throwing himself on the beanbag. He fixed himself, making himself comfortable, facing Melinda.

"..i was in the neighborhood, thought I'd stop by and say hi," Stu spoke up, a grin on his face,

He lifted his hand and waved , "Hi."

Melinda chuckled, moving back to her head, lying down on it. "Hey."

"What are you doing up at 12 anyways?" Stu questioned, grabbing the magazine that Melinda had thrown earlier and opening it.

"I could ask you the same thing. What are you doing out in the middle of the night?" Melinda asked, and Stu smirked behind the magazine.

"You really want to know?" Stu stood up and walked over to the bed before jumping on it.

He propped his elbow and leaned his chin on the palm of his hand, and Melinda turned her head to face him.

"Billy and I killed Casey Becker and Steven Orth a few minutes ago. Billy boy is at Sid's house, and I was heading towards Tat's but decided to stop by and see what you are up to." Stu told her,

Melinda sat up, staring down at Stu, "You and Billy killed Casey and Steve? Why didn't you tell me? I was bored the whole freaking time."

Stu shrugged, rolling on his back, "Billy said not to tell you, but you were gonna find out anyways,"

"Plus," Stu pouted, "You don't even invite us when you go out killing some poor helpless dude." Stu stuck out his tongue before giggling

Melinda sighed, laying on next to Stu, "That's cause Billy gets a little pissed and kills my guy before I can, and there is no fun in that."

"That's cause you flirt with your victims, Mel. It makes us jealous." Stu replied, sitting up,

Melinda tsk in a taunting way as she sat up and trailed a finger alongside Stu's jaw, "shh, Baby, Tatum might hear ya, and you don't want her to get jealous, do you?"

Melinda leaned closer, her lips inches away from Stu's, her eyes staring into his, and Stu's breath hitched.

"You better get going, or else she'll get real mad." Melinda leaned back with a smirk.

Stu groaned, "why you gotta tease me!?" Stu stood up and walked out to the window.

"Wait!" Stu paused, and Melinda rushed over to him, kissing him on the cheek.

"Be safe. It's dangerous to be out at midnight." Melinda told him, and Stu smiled at her,

"I'm always safe." He winked at her before he climbed out and jumped down before rushing away.

Melinda chuckled to herself ,"One of these he's gonna break his ankle."

There was a knock on her door, and Melinda sighed, turning around and walking over, opening the door.

"What?"

Her father stood on the other side, "You should be asleep. It's a school day."

Melinda hummed, "Yeah, I know that, but I'm not tired."

Her father sighed, "Melinda, listen, I know it's been tough since your mother left, but you can't keep.." He cut himself off as Melinda slammed the door shut in his face.

It's been this way since Melinda's mother left. Melinda rarely talked with her father, and when she did, it ended in a screaming match or just her simply pissed at him.

It wasn't just Maureen's fault, but it was also her father's. She blamed him for everything, and she hoped he would die a brutal way. Maybe she could grant her wish once she graduated high school.

As much as she loved her mother, she couldn't just leave woodsboro. She grew up in woodsboro, and her friends were in woodsboro.

Billy and stu were in woodsboro , she couldn't just leave them behind.

She would rather suffer with her father than leave them behind. They only had a couple of months left of school before they graduated, and Melinda could wait.

She has been waiting, and it wouldn't hurt to wait a bit longer. All she had to do was ignore her father for the next couple of months.

"..my dad would beat me if I shut the door on his face like that." Startled, Melinda spun around, and saw Billy on her bed.

"When did you get here?" Melinda questioned, and Billy shrugged, " like a second ago."

"I thought you were at sids?" Melinda asked, walking over and sitting down next to him.

"I was..mind if I stay here the night?" Billy questioned, already making himself comfortable on Melinda's bed, kicking his boots off.

"Sure. As long as you don't take the whole space." Melinda told him, and Billy grinned at her,

"When do I ever?" He patted the side next to him, "Come on, get some sleep."

Melinda laid down next to him ,"stu told me what you guys did."

Billy turned on his side to face her, "he can't keep shit to himself, can he?" 

Melinda reached her hand out and gently brushed Billy's hair from his eyes,

"Just be careful." Billy hummed, closing his eyes.

"Always."

🔪

1020 words

Thoughts?