Introduction

One breath. One thought. One everlasting pain was aching in her heart. Urging her to step aside from whatever was expected from her. The unpleasantries had taken a toll on her for a long time, certainly too long. One sentence was needed to end the present, yet another one was needed to set forth the future. Sentences which could not form inside her mind as she stumbled upon the words. This was her present, a blank perception slowly reaching to a point where another present will be perceived. At some time, the future becomes the present and the present will turn into the past. Handfuls of lost bits of memories, all consciously wasted. 

If only she spoke. If only she was truly awake. Yet here she sat with her knees on the floor bent over her bedsheets, tears slowly rolling down her cheeks, wetting the sheets as she stared with her face turned sideways to the window where rain was pouring during an autumn storm. The thought had turned this one woman into a troubled one, just like many others. That one thought had spread like a plague among the community, making them all slowly lose themselves by drowning in themselves, in their minds. 

A plague so known and feared, yet nobody dared to speak about it for the longest time. Eventually mr. Remald did, he called the phenomenon humanity's greatest torment in one of his books which he named 'Le fait'. He was indeed a French man, who moved from Le Havre to this little town for unknown reasons since he was never much of a social being, so to speak. See, he was a great writer. Oftentimes he would spend his time typing away on his inkblack typemachine like a madman and whenever he was out of that little dark room, he only spoke -if he ever did speak- gibberish, in a language he built up from the ground all based off his books. Even though he was in fact crazy, he was a brilliant man in the eyes of many. His works were proof of his pure innocence and intelligence. He could type as he could never speak. Rumor has it that he moved to this town because his wife and his kids left him since he acted all weird. Others suggest he left his old life behind to fully dedicate the rest of his life to his works 'as only a madman could ever do'. Some even called him a psychopath behind his back. Well, those were just mere rumors after all. Yet one thing was for sure, he was an outsider and he knew it.