two

Dear Heaven,

Dear Heaven,

In East Asia, there's a particular folklore that claims that two people destined to be true lovers, have an invisible red cord binding them together. So that even if they are separated by time, distance, or obstacles, they'll find their way back to each other.

The Invisible String Theory.

Not many people believe in it. After all, if there is an unbreakable string binding two people together forever, there shouldn't be anything like breakups, divorces, heartbreaks, etc.

However, I believe in it.

Because when I saw you two days ago, I felt myself being pulled by something. Something that made me call your name. Something that made me hate myself all over again for what I did, but still gave me hope.

Hope that one day, somehow, we'll find our way back to each other.

All my love,
Your Graham crackers.

✯✯✯

I sigh, dropping my pen.

I've never been one to write letters, but I guess the saying is true.

Love makes you do stupid things.

"This is dumb," I mumble as I fold the letter, before putting it in a white envelope. "It's not like I'm going to give it to her."

Right?

A knock on the door interrupts my thoughts. I jump off my bed, make sure the letter is hidden under my pillow, then walk over to the door.

When I open it, I'm met with a guy that looks my age.

"Oi! Are you Graham Fletcher?"

His British accent throws me off a little, but I find myself nodding.

"That's me. Can I help you?"

"As a matter of fact, mate, you can." He grins, angling his chin down to one of the black suitcases beside him. "Could you help me with that?"

"Uh, sure," I say, reaching forward to grab the suitcase. It's heavier than it looks, but I carry it with ease.

The guy pushes past me, rolling the other suitcase in behind him. I watch as he whistles, glancing around the small dorm room.

"Where's the rest of it?" He frowns.

"The rest of what?" I counter, crossing my arms.

"The room? This can't be what my parents paid that large amount of money for." He scoffs, spinning around to face me.

"Well, I'm sorry to burst your bubble, mate, but this it it."

"You don't say," He sighs, running a hand through his brown hair.

An awkward silence settles between us as we stare at each other, me waiting for him to tell me who he is, and him smiling about God knows what. When it starts to feel like we're going to stare at each other forever, I clear my throat.

"This is the part where you tell me your name."

His eyes widen. "My goodness, where are my manners?" He facepalms, then bows. "It's Prince. Sebastian Prince. My mates call me Ian."

"I think I'll stick with Sebastian."

He shrugs, "Whatever you want, mate."

I nod, about to leave him to unpack when he cusses, as if suddenly remembering something.

"Is everything okay?" I ask.

He hums, pulling out his phone from the pocket of his grey sweatpants as he heads over to me.

My brows furrow when he puts an arm around my shoulders, lifting his phone up to take a selfie.

"What are you—"

Before I can complete my question, he's already taken the picture.

"Good enough, innit?" He asks, showing me the picture.

I don't look at it. Instead, I shoot him a bewildered look, an annoyed "What the fuck?" on the tip of my tongue.

"Look," he sighs, "it's for my girlfriend, Lia. She told me to take a picture with my roommate as soon as I got to my dorm, or else she'd chop my balls off."

"Why?" I raise a brow, confused.

"She wants me to send it to her. So that she'll know if my roommate looks strong enough to handle me. Whatever that means." He rolls his eyes. "Hey, you don't mind, do you?"

I shake my head, "Knock yourself out."

"Awesome," Sebastian grins, then proceeds to send the picture.

When he's finished, he tosses his phone onto my bed, before pulling his suitcases over to his side of the room.

"Wanna help me unpack?" He asks, crouched down as he unzips the first suitcase.

"No, thanks." I say, kicking the door shut.

"Oh," he frowns, but it doesn't take long for his face to brighten up again. "Wanna order pizza while I unpack?"

I can't help the chuckle that escapes my mouth.

"What flavour?"

happy new month, y'all!

it's not too much, but here's chapter two of CH. let me know what you think! see you soon!

xo, dara.