The beginning

A warm, calming afternoon. Larry was working at his one of many stores. Today happens to be the grocery store, he was agitated and nervous. Waiting for someone special to visit him. Tapping his nails on the countertop, he thought to himself. "Oh god.. what is taking him so long? My break is soon.. and I miss him dearly." His worry flooded over him, but soon stopped when the door slightly opened. Then shut again. "..Hello? Who's there?" Larry spoke up. Pairs of tiny pitted pattering feet strolled their way across the cold tile floor. Then made their way up to where Larry's fingers was. "Well hello there to you to Larry." Remy said. Holding Larry's hand with both of his. Sitting his small body on the countertop. "Oh my.. you've made it!! I'm so thrilled to see you." His eyes lighten up. He needed some sort of comfort after his long shift, soon Larry's boss came from the back room and spoke up. "Larry!! Your break. You have 5 minutes." ..Five minutes ? Need more then that. Larry thought to himself. Starting to get nervous again. "Hey.. it's going to be ok, just get through the rest of this shift. And I'll have a very good surprise when you get back.." Remy winked. This made Larry blush in excitement and embarrassment. "Oohh.. I can't wait!!" Larry exclaimed. Swooping up Remy in his arms and giving him a big hug. "Aha, just wait and see.." Remy said. Soon Larry got his lunch. And carried Remy to the break room where they chatted it up for around 5-10 minutes, until Larry's alarm went off. "Oh man.. about time for me to get back to work I suppose. Larry stood up. "Awww.. just a little longer?" Remy said, intertwining his tail around Larry's fingers to keep him put. But.. my boss will get angry and-. Remy cut him off swiftly. "You are just too paranoid Larry.. just focus on me for awhile. Hm?" He said, looking at him lovingly and comfortingly. He slowly sat back down. A rush of warmth rushing through him. ..is this, wrong? A piece of rock and a rat? What are the chances of this disciplinary duo. The judgement and looks they will revive, will be vile. But worth it in the very end. Because.. they have. Each other.