month 1

kayden had started getting used to her classes, sometimes skipping them with rory. right now though, she was off with some guy called percy.

so kayden sits in her class, day dreaming about the cute twins she'd seen the week prior. as if she'd summoned them, one of them
comes barreling in, asking mcgongagle for a quill.

she tells them off for disrupting her class but then tosses them quills. before the gingers leave, she catches eyes with one of them, getting lost in his eyes.

he gives her a weak smile, maintaining eye contact when his brother pulls him back out into the hall. "cmon, fred! snape is gonna kill us."

kayden sighs, savouring the memory of the boys eyes.

-

after a few weeks of more speechless interactions with this, kayden finally builds up the courage to go talk to
him, repeating her friends words in her head. "the worst thing he can say is no."

before she can stop herself, she walks up to him, in deep conversation with a boy known as jordan lee. "hey, i'm kayden."

the ginger turns to face her, pausing for a moment before responding.

-
freds pov:

freds mouth feels clamped shut, his mind spinning. the girl he had been admiring all month had actually just came up to him and tried to talk to HIM. what??

"kayden. that's.. that's a nice name. im fred." he stutters, trying to keep his cool.

"i know who you are." she says, confidently.

"cool." he says, awkwardly, unable to think of what to say, getting lost in her soft brown eyes and long, silky brown hair. his lips part and he forgets hes actually supposed to uphold the conversation for a second.

he feels lee elbow him in the gut.

"ow! what the hell man?"

"she asked you out, you bloody moron!" he whispers.

suddenly, hes pulled out of his trance, fully awake.

"huh? what?"

he looks back at the girl, who looks embarrassed. he feels awful.

"i.. i was just asking if you uh wanted to get butterbeer this weekend or whatever. maybe?" she asks, her cheeks brightening.

she looks down, her eyelashes long and luscious. "yea, er, i'd like that." he says, holding back a whoop of excitement.

she looks up suddenly, as if she thought he'd say no. as if he could ever say no to someone so pretty. "r-really? i
mean, yea. cool. see you then." she turns on her heel and speeds off.

"you were really blowing that. i can't believe you act like THAT around girls and STILL pull. lifes so freaking unfair on me, man." lee says, swatting his shoulder.

"oh my god. i have a date with kayden jones!" he gasps, whooping in the air.

"you're just realizing this now?? you really are stupid, man." lee jokes, letting out a chortle.

-
jayden pov:

she falls onto the hufflepuff couches next to rory with a groan. "ughhh that was a disaster!" kayden exclaims.

"he said no? awh. im sorry babe. you're too good for him anyways." rory says, rubbing kaydens back.

"no.. he said yes! but he said it like.. like it was burden or something and now i have to go on a probably super awkward date with this guy!! ughhhhh!!" she says, screaming into the pillow.

"this is great! we'll show him how super HOT you are!! cmon, we gotta go plan your outfits and talking points! ive been on a billion dates, plus im with his brother now sooo i can get some good intel!" she says, clapping enthusiastically.

so off the two girls went, and started planning for the hot date that lay ahead of them.