𝘗𝘙𝘖𝘓𝘖𝘎𝘜𝘌

The whiskey burned as it smoothly slid down her throat. Charolette Sommers knew the moment the whiskey bottle made contact with her lips the spiraling would begin yet again, but the bottle helped her forget about the suffering she had felt since she was thirteen years old. Now the girl was eighteen years old, and the pain was still there, reminding her that her parents and eldest sister were gone, and that they were never going to come back. Charolette had lost her parents at a very young age due to her mother giving birth to her at such an old age, and then her eldest sister, Miranda; died from a car accident along with her brother-in-law, Grayson. But when Charolette sipped from the whiskey bottle, that pain was numbed, even if it was only for a little while. But she knew the guilt that followed after the euphoria would begin to eat at her little by little, making the cycle more vicious. 

"Charolette, can you come downstairs?" Melissa called from downstairs. Charolette let out a sigh as she stood up from her bed and placed the liquor bottle in her usual hiding place. The Sommers popped a piece of gum into her mouth, trying to mask the alcohol in her breath. She looked at herself in the mirror, trying to wipe the mascara that had run down her face. 

"Coming!" She called out as she opened her bedroom door. She let out a breath before she started to walk down the stairs, taking her time since the liquor began to have its effect. Once she reached the last step, she saw Melissa and Sean standing right in front of her. Melissa and Sean Thompson were a  younger couple that were  friends with her parents, and were nice enough to welcome Charolette into their home once her parents had passed. "What is it, Melissa?" She asked, making sure she did not slur her words. 

"Charolette, honey, we are worried about you." Melissa spoke sweetly with tears filling her eyes. The Thompson's had looked at Charolette as their own daughter, and they knew the girl was struggling. "We know you have been drinking again." 

"No, I haven't!" Charolette tried to protest, but even she could smell the alcohol on her breath. The redhead let her head fall, and she stared at the wooden floor below her, ashamed of what she had become.  

"Sweetie, we think it would be a good idea if you stayed with Jenna for a while." Sean began to propose his idea to the redhead. "It would give you a fresh start, and you would be with your sister, Elena, and Jeremy." He finished his proposal and looked at Charolette, waiting to see her reaction to the idea. Charolette stood there, thinking about the idea of moving back to Mystic Falls. The girl had not been back to the small town since Miranda's funeral, and she was unsure if she was ready to go back and allow the painful memories to fill her body yet again. "Honey, we think this could be good for you." Sean smiled at the redhead, hoping she would accept their idea. 

Charolette had missed her sister, Jenna; dearly, and she missed her partner in crime, Jeremy. She stood their in silence for a few moments before she whispered, "okay." 

"We are doing this because we care and love you, Char." Melissa smiled as tears began to fall down her cheeks. Charolette smiled back. She held out hope that maybe Mystic Falls would be a fresh start for her, maybe there was a chance she could be fixed.