"The End..." {Old!Moondrop x Reader}

~~ [Creator's Note] ~~
~ This story is partly based off of a TikTok audio I found, if you want to go check out any of their other content, their TikTok user is 'Silly_Shadow'. They make good voice acting videos and audios you could use for ocs, so I do recommend seeing some of their content. That's all I had to say, but I hope you enjoy this story! ~

————————————————————

*It seems that Moon and Monty had found a way for other people to be able to communicate with the Old Moon, it took longer on how to figure that out but they were able to do it eventually.*

*Of course, Sun was the first person that got to talk to that wasn't Moon. It made sense, they are brothers, or at least were brothers. You aren't completely sure if Sun still consider him to be his brother.*

*You weren't sure how the conversation went, Sun didn't really want to talk about it with anyone. Which was understandable..*

*You were hesitant to ask if you could also talk to the Old Moon, it took a lot of courage to ask Moon about it. Luckily, he said it was fine and didn't pry on why you wanted to speak to the Old Moon.*

*As you opened your eyes, you were no longer in the garage of Sun and Moon's house, rather on a small island surrounded by water.*

*You saw Old Moon sitting at the shore of the island, underneath a single palm tree as he stared off into the sunset inside his mind.*

*He seemed to have already noticed your presence standing behind him. He let out a deep sigh as he started to speak, he sounded.. tired, sounded drained.*

"What made you want to talk to me...?"

*He simply asked, not turning around to look at you, just staring off..*

"I just... wanted to speak to you one last time..."

*You had a nervous smile on your face, you were happy that you got to speak to him again.. but at the same time, you something inside told you that you shouldn't be. That you did something wrong when you didn't..*

"Why did you choose me as your friend?"

*He asked another question, this one seemed to have stung you a bit.*

*Why wouldn't you be his friend..? Sure, he had his flaws but nobody was perfect!... Even then, that didn't excuse the things he did..*

"You knew that things would end horribly. You knew that one way or another, something bad was going to happen that would prevent you from ever seeing me again. So why?"

*Old Moon was looking dead at you now, still sounding tired and drained, yet that small hint of confusion remained.*

*You looked away as he asked that.., you knew that things would end badly yet you let yourself get attached to him. You weren't thinking about the end.. were you?*

"I guess the beginning of our friendship seemed so wonderful, I didn't really think about the end.."

*He went silent after you said that, letting out a small sigh as he looked back at the sunset.*

"I'm sorry... I really am."

*Why were you apologizing to him..? You didn't do anything wrong.. you didn't cause all this. But, you still apologized, just because..*

"Don't be. You helped me a lot back then, and you're still helping me now. Well, the other me at least, but still."

*He stayed in his place as he looked at you, his head slightly tilted before letting out a small sigh.*

"Thank you. You were a good friend and a good person overall, sorry I couldn't be a good friend in return."

*You looked back at him when he said that. He was a good friend, sure, he got angry at times and snapped at you a few times, yet he never meant to hurt you or anything.*

"You were a good friend.. just not a good person. You had good intentions, you just wanted to protect your family and friends. Even if it meant closing yourself off from us... from me... from Sun."

*You could feel your voice crack as you spoke, holding back a storm of emotions.*

*Moon stared at you for a moment before sighing again, looking away as he looked down at the sand.*

"I know... and I'm sorry. I hurt you when I was suppose to be helping you, and this is the aftermath.."

*You were holding back tears at this point, it physically hurt you to see your friend like this.. even if he was the one who caused most of this, you still cared... for whatever reason.*

*This was the aftermath of everything, all the things you did, all the things he did and all the things the others did... it led up to this..*

*And there was really no escape until you died...*

————————————————————
~ 839 words! Personally, my favorite videos on the Sun and Moon Show are lore videos, especially the sad ones. Even if it does make me cry in the process 👍 ~