Arena of Love

The first light of dawn seeped through the curtains, casting a soft glow across the room as Milind Kaushik stirred awake. With a quiet determination, he rose from his bed, his muscles already anticipating the day ahead. He first touched the ground as a symbol of his prayers to Dharti mata. As he stretched, the faint sound of birdsong filled the room, a soothing melody to accompany the start of a new day.

Turning next to him, Milind gently shook his daughter, Kuhu, awake. "Kuhu beta uth jaa chaal," he whispered softly. "Kuhu uth chaal."

Kuhu blinked sleepily, rubbing her eyes as she slowly emerged from her dreams. "Papa, Mujhe sone do na ," she murmured, her voice tinged with drowsiness.

Milind chuckled, tousling her hair affectionately. "Nahi beta uthna hai, Maine sikhaya hai na, jo sone hai vo khove hai, jo jaage hai vo paave hai" he reminded her, his eyes sparkling with enthusiasm.

"Papa" Kuhu cried rubbing her eyes as she didn't want to wake up it was just 6 in the morning and her father had woken up her so early.

Reluctantly, Kuhu dragged herself out of bed, her pajamas wrinkled from sleep. Milind grinned, pulling her into a warm hug before leading her to the living room, where a yoga mat lay waiting.

As they settled onto the mat, Milind guided Kuhu through a series of gentle stretches and exercises, his movements fluid and graceful.
As the soft rays of the morning sun filtered through the window, Milind guided Kuhu through a series of yoga poses, his movements deliberate and precise.

Milind gently guided Kuhu through each yoga pose, his voice calm and encouraging as they flowed from one position to the next. Despite his patient instruction, Kuhu's reluctance was evident in her hesitant movements and occasional sighs.

"Papa, kal karenge na kal ?" Kuhu pleaded, her small frame wobbling as she attempted to hold a difficult pose.

Milind smiled, his eyes warm with understanding. "Kuhu beta aise nahi kar beta bas thoda sa aur," he encouraged, his voice gentle but firm.

Reluctantly, Kuhu obeyed, her brow furrowed in concentration as she struggled to maintain her balance. With each pose, her frustration grew, her dislike for yoga becoming more apparent with each passing minute.

As they moved on to pranayama and Surya Namaskars, Kuhu's protests grew louder, her reluctance to participate evident in her pouting lips and crossed arms. Yet, despite her resistance, Milind remained patient and unwavering in his determination to guide her through the practice.

Finally, as they completed the last Surya Namaskar, Kuhu collapsed onto the mat, her chest heaving with exhaustion. Milind knelt beside her, a proud smile gracing his lips as he gently brushed a strand of hair from her forehead.

"Bahot achhe, Kuhu," he praised, his voice filled with pride. "Ye hui na mhari Sayani beti jaisi baat."