09

"Success!" I clasps my hands together as the oven ding signaling that the cinnamon rolls are ready to be eaten.

My mom and dad did loved the food that Via cooked for lunch, they even complimented her for her cooking skills. And as for my baking skills, they've just given me a so-so compliment because the cinnamon rolls aren't that bad but it's too sweet.

Did I just put too much sugar? or overflowed with love?

As usual, mom and dad talks too much of good-for-nothing stuffs. Yung ibang topic naman nila ay tungkol sa'kin! They were talking about me being silly and stubborn when I was at 6.

They're telling too much of a joke na sila-sila lang naman ang nakaka gets?! Tawang-tawa pa sila samantalang kami ni Via, we were just looking at each other as well as making a fake laugh.

Their joke was too humorous but too dark sometimes. Senior citizens today.....hyst.

"Peony, don't forget to attend the company's 45th year anniversary," My dad said as if he's reminding me of something they didn't even get to inform it to me last night! "It's very important."

"Wha— but you didn't tell me anything about that anniversary thing," I calmly respond.

"We've already picked up the best night gown just for you, honey. So don't worry." My mom assured.

"Nevertheless, Via will come too." Gulat na napa tingin kay dad si Via na akmang susubo pa lang ng isang cinnamon roll.

Pinanlakihan ko siya ng mata signaling her not to accept the invitation para pag ayaw niyang pumunta, I can give reasons why I can't join them but what a traitor! She agreed—she definitely agreed!

Now, I felt betrayed.

Napa facepalm tuloy ako before nodding my head, forcefully. Truth is, I wasn't really not in the mood to come hang out for a while but this guy's just really have a good plans.

At sa gabi pa talaga tinaon! All I want to do is to sleep. My sleep schedule are fucked up. I helped Via to finish  washing the dishes at the sink.

"Tara mag layas muna bago mag party," Aya ni Via habang ini isa-isa kong pinupunasam ang mga katatapos lang niyang hugasan na mga plato.

"Nandadamay ka na naman sa kalokohan mo," Sinide eye ko siya. She think that, that expression was too funny that she laugh out so loud.

I wouldn't be surprise anyone since my own mother, told me that mostly, all of the expressions I do are too funny.

"How's life going with Luke?" I grin. Natameme muna siya, pero naka lusot din!

"Oh wait? Yes, that's the right decision, couz. Get yourself ready na so that we can get back home early!" She's trying to escape from the questions that's connected to Luke again!

Ang daya.

She run upstairs,  undoubtedly, she's trying to avoid something. What's going on with the two of them?

But—i did not agree na sasama ako sa kaniya para mag lakwatsa!

Life doesn't seems as boring like it was before when she's still not around. Goodness, I couldn't hate her, she's a life saver tho.

I asked my parents' manong driver to drove us at the street where we could find a Filipino dine park.

Good thing that the driver knows lot of places even better than someone like me who's actually from here who never wanted to do things but only painting some good sceneries.

"It's Vonding-date time!" Via raised her hand, gracefully.

Sylvia brought her camera so that she can take good photos of the places where going to visit.