Chapter 39 ~ romancing

🖤

Words:-3800+

Words:-3800+

___________________________

R A H A

"This is my last warning, leave him or it will cost him," Sana texted me. This was her final message, following her previous demands for me to leave him alone.

"What's wrong?" the old man asked me, noticing my troubled expression.

"It's nothing," I replied, trying to deflect his concern.

"Then why do you look so worried? Don't lie, Raha," the old man said, moving closer to me. I quickly closed my phone, not wanting him to see the message.

"We just received a new assignment that needs to be submitted tomorrow," I lied to him.

"So?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I don't want to complete it," I admitted.

"I'll do it then," the old man offered.

"Really?" I asked, surprised by his willingness to help.

"Yes," he replied simply.

"Thank you," I said gratefully.

"Can we eat now?" he suggested.

I nodded in agreement.

We settled at the dining table, and the old man served me before helping himself. As I began eating, my thoughts drifted back to the message Sana had sent me. Would she really do something to him? What if she hurt him? The worry gnawed at me.

"What are you thinking, Raha?" the old man asked, noticing the concern on my face.

"Nothing," I hesitated, not wanting to burden him with my worries.

"Really?" he pressed, sensing something was amiss.

"Don't lie," he insisted, his gaze piercing.

"I'm not," I protested weakly.

"You seem tense, Raha," he observed.

"It's because I have an assignment due, and I haven't even started," I lied, trying to deflect his attention.

"You don't have to worry about that. I can help you," he reassured me.