3. Int. Royal Tailor's Room - Morning

The two girls walk inside the room where the tailor resides, which is stocked with clothing. A female tailor measures some garments.

Stace
Ma'am, I got River as instructed.

The tailor looks towards them.

Tailor
Ah, about time. Well, if you would come here I will begin getting you a dress befitting a princess.

River
Okay.

River walks over to the tailor, who measures her chest, hips, waist, and other areas to find the correct fit.

Tailor
(Compliments)
You have a slender physique, Princess. Quite elegant, I must say. Befitting a girl of your particular station in life.

River
(Flattered)
Oh, well thank you.

The tailor writes the measurements down on a notepad to remember them.

Tailor
Now, if you'll excuse me, I must go find a dress as elegant and beautiful as you, your highness.

Walking across the room and looking through her dresses, River and Stace stand and wait.

Stace notices that River has a big smile and mild blush from the flattery.

Stace
(Cheeky)
So, you must be really happy, hm? I can tell by that derpy smile.

River
(With a laugh)
Guess you could say that.

A moment more, and the tailor picks a light pink ruffled and silky dress out, walking back to them.

Tailor
Here we are, the perfect fit for you.

The tailor points to a partition.

Tailor
Go over there and get dressed. I know we're all women here, but I don't feel dignified enough to help someone of your esteem get dressed.

Stace
Alright.

Stace grabs the dress for River and starts to go with her, but River puts her hand out in front of her.

River
Stace, I know you're my lady-in-waiting and all, but at least let me do things for myself once and a while. I'm not an infant.

Shocked to hear this, but obliges, handing the dress to River.

Stace
Okay. Sorry, didn't know that you'd want to do it yourself. You always hear about even minor nobility, let alone royalty, wanting less fortunate people to do everything for them.

River
(Laugh)
Well, I'm not just any royalty.

Saying this, River walks to the partition and starts to change, leaving Stace and the tailor in awkward silence.

This silence is broken as a knock is heard on the door.

Tailor
(Loud)
Come in!

The door opens and a castle guard steps in.

Guard
Is Princess River here? Her father wants to speak with her.

Tailor
Ah, well she is currently behind the partition, trying on the dress I selected for her coming celebration.

Stace
What's it for, sir?

The guard shrugs.

Guard
I haven't the faintest of ideas. Whatever it is, it seemed important.

Not long after this exchange, River steps out from behind the partition in her new dress.

Stace
(In awe)
Wow...

River
(Blushes as they gawk)
H-How's it look?

Tailor
You look so splendid.

The tailor smiles and claps her hands together.

Guard
Princess, your father-

River
I know. I heard it. It's not like I was behind a wall or anything.

Guard
(Confused by this reaction)
But you- you didn't say anything.

River
(Frustrated)
I was getting dressed. I was preoccupied with other matters. What, did you want me to respond while distracted? Or did you want me to walk out and talk to you face to face in the nude?

Guard
(Flustered)
Uh... I- Ah, nevermind. Princess, can you come with me?

River looks at Stace, who is dumbfounded by the reaction.

River
Come on, Stace. We've gotta go with the leader of the dull patrol, here.

She then looks at the tailor.

River
Sorry, I'll return the dress after I'm done with father.

Tailor
I'll be here.

Camera cut.