All I See is Perfection | Migo x Half-Yeti!Reader

Requested?: Yes

Type of Story: Oneshot

Warning: parental deaths, arranged marriage, mentions of verbal abuse and discrimination,

Word Count: 4,894

A/n: this is an arranged marriage/medieval AU. I tried to type it in, but the title was too long, so... Plus, there is going to be an OC in there, to let you guys know.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You hated how life treated you because of something out of your control.

You hated how people despised you simply because of differences that don't even add up. You hated how you had been looked down upon, tossed into the mud, and finally locked up because they wouldn't risk their reputation being ruined. You hated how you were just treated as a monster, an object, something that doesn't deserve happiness or freedom, simply because you were born with strange DNA genes you inherited from your mother.

At this point, you just wanted to shrivel up in the ground and die, never to be seen again. The feeling of humiliation and resentment boiled over in your stomach as you recalled the cruel words from both the people of your 'village', no matter how many times you've tried to stifle them from your mind. With the porcelain sink now covered in blood-red wine from the towels you've managed to ruin trying to clean your dress, the mirror in front of you seemed to mock you even worse. Your hand clenched the third towel as you bowed your head shamefully to try and stop the tears from flowing and running the makeup that Meechee, Kolka, Brenda, and your husband's sister spent hours on. But it didn't matter to you anyway. You just couldn't do it anymore...

To say that being married to the love of your life should be the happiest time of your years is an understatement. Being in an arranged marriage to someone you barely even know or don't even love, specifically a Yeti, is a bit worse than being treated like a monster.

Why?

To answer that, you were a half-Yeti, due to your mother being a Yeti herself, able to switch to human form.

After she had married your father, a human, she got cut off and excommunicated by her family simply because she wanted to be with someone for genuine love and not for status or wealth. It's fine by her, in her eyes, anyway. She hadn't spoken to them for years, even after your birth, which is a good thing, given that they'd give anything, including you if they ever found out about your existence, to get into the higher ranks of status.

Despite that your parents had given you all the love and acceptance regardless of the DNA genes you inherited from your mother, it didn't help or protect you from a few harsh words from your father's village. Some adults saw you as an abomination because of your horns and teeth, but the kids were far worse. They made fun of your looks, your height (you were a bit taller than them due to being...well, a Yeti on one side), they even nearly made you hate yourself at one point.

Nevertheless, life with your parents was uneventful. You spent your days reading, learning more about the world far beyond the small village, educating yourself in topics your school wouldn't let girls learn, simply because they believed women themselves should be housewives and obedient servants to their husbands.

Life was peaceful. That is until a few villagers caught and killed your parents one night.

To make matters worse and harder for you, the moment you had been left to grieve for your parents' deaths, the villagers had raided your home, destroying it and the things that remind you of the happy moments you shared with your beloved parents in the process before they locked you in the deepest, darkest cell there was and kept you there for years until you became a young adult. No forms of entertainment or protection, barely a full meal, now left with only the fading memories of your beloved parents.