5. A Day in Fluke's Life

Fluke's POV:

Once upon a calm evening..... I'm strolling at a cafe to have my favourite dessert and drink. Finally, the exams are over, and the results came....... I have topped my other classmates continuously for the second year.

My family and friends are happy with my achievements. Whether I need to be happy but I'm not....... I don't know why I'm not happy with myself. Meanwhile, I saw Tan walking with Phee, I went to have a talk with them.

Fluke: Hi Tan.... Hi Phee......

Phee: Hi Fluke.....

I saw Phee, who was normal, but whenever I look at Tan's face, I don't know why my heart beats fast, but in his calm facade, I know he is like......... like he wanted to kill me, but why..... What did I do to anger him???? I was shivering at Tan's fiery and cunning gaze. I was stuttering on my words.

Tan: Congratulations, Fluke.

Fluke: Thank you, Tan.

I don't want to know them that I was being weird. So I bid goodbye to them and went to my home. After I went to my room, I laid down tiredly and scrolled down my phone, and I saw an old photo. I think it's a six years old picture.

In this picture, I saw a person I never wanted to forget because of him, I started to believe myself and stand up on my own and also stopped myself to lean on others including my parents because of him.

His attitude is being never ever give or get attention from others and stand up for yourself and don't expect anything from anyone, and it's f*****ing true because after I stopped expecting attention from my parents and I became an independent man.

I'm like the happiest person in the world........ until the person went missing...... I wanted to have a friendship with him, but Tee, Por, and Top are bullying him. Sometimes, I have indirectly saved him from them, but I was broken by the news, which his affair with Teacher Keng, and their video was spread on social media platforms.

I wanted to have a talk with him and console, but in the meantime, I became busy with my elder cousins funeral, and after some days, he went missing, the police came for enquiry about his whereabouts. I told them that what had I known about him.

In the beginning, only we five Top, Tee, Jin, Por, and I were bullied him. A few days later, I became silent first, and Jin is acting like his saviour, but I know he's doing this to impress him. At some point, he snapped and gave a sharp warning to Tee and Top. I and others were shocked by his behaviour and became silent.

Whenever Por, Tee, and Top planned to screw him, I came on time to save him from them. Then, slowly, I started to have a conversation with him, and he thanked me for saving him from them.

Maybe two or three times I had a talk with him, one to apologise for my behaviour, two give my assignment to him, three having a lunch with him at my home.

I was worried about the video leak issue. Meanwhile, I became busy with medical entrance exams, and my parents forbade me to meet him. After that, he was nowhere to be found, and his parents doing suicide was last straw for me, and I became devastated.

After joining the medical college, I don't want to be friends with these &#*! heads, but my parents forced me to be with them because of their business partnership or something. Urghhh!!!!!
At first, unwillingly I was accompanied by them later, three members joined in the gang.

One Tee's boyfriend White, I don't know how this ****** made him fall in love for him. He is a Criminology department student.

Two Phee, Por, and Top's classmates. They're in the same media and journalism department. They became friends, and Por introduced him in the gang, and Jin is rooting for him.

Three Tan, Phee's childhood friend. He's a chemical engineering student in Phee's college. Phee introduced him to the gang, and everyone became friends. But whenever I see him, my heart always beat faster, and I feel shy. His gaze towards everyone except Phee and White is like he wants to kill us, but he hides his real intentions towards us.
Why I'm thinking like that........ anyway

Everything is going smoothly until..........
Top was murdered!!!!!!!

Why did teacher Keng kill him????? Also, I hate him because he had an affair with a student who is a minor. Why do I feel like someone from our gang who released the video????

Fluke's Mom: Hey Fluke!!!! Dinner is ready.

Fluke: I'm coming, mom.

I think I need to sleep for a while, and I hope Non will be fine.

To be continued 🖤🖤🖤🖤🖤.