SUMMER MORNINGS

The sun is shining through the blinds of the little back bedroom in the chateau. The smell of old spice, salt, and weed filled my lungs. Birds chirping their morning song, just outside the window, and creeks of JJ's footsteps moving away from me filled my ears.As my eyes opened, I reached overhead with my arms, stretching and letting out a groan as I do so. I pulled the blanket off my lap as I placed my feet on the cold hardwood floor.

I opened the bedroom door and made my way down the hallway. I made my way to the back porch and plopped down on the couch next to my brother, John B. He sighed as I leaned onto his shoulder.
"Coffee ?" I asked picking my head up to look at him. He nodded as I stood up and walked back into the chateau. I put a pot on and grabbed 3 mugs out of the cabinet above the coffee pot. Once the pot finished brewing, I poured some coffee in each mug. I grabbed creamer out of the fridge and made everyone's coffee just how they like it. I took JB's out to him and handed it to him with a smile as he thanked me. As i walked back to the counter to grab JJ and my coffee, I put on my slides by the door and made my way down to the dock where JJ had cast a line out.

As I walked down the creaky dock, the blonde turned towards me with the warmest smile. When I reached him at the end of the dock I handed him his mug as he captured my lips with his. "Hi" he said as he pulled away from me smiling.
"Hi" I responded, giggling a little. I sat down and dangled my feet over the dock beside where he was fishing and drank my coffee. A few minutes later he reeled in his line and sat next to me. I felt him staring at me and even though we have been dating for 7 months, I can't help but look down and blush before making eye contact with him.
"How did you sleep ?" He asked.
"Good but I'm still a little tired" I responded. He looked down at my hand and intertwined our fingers. We sat comfortably in silence as we stared out at marsh. Birds were flying overhead and our neighbors were waving at us as they took their boats out for the morning.

"I should probably go pack the cooler" I said to him. Kie, Pope, Sarah, John B, JJ, and I were going to take the boat out this morning and the rest of the group would be here soon. He kissed my forehead as we both stood up, but I walked up the dock while he grabbed his rod and kept fishing. I walked back into the house and back to the my bedroom that JJ and I pretty mush share at this point. I grabbed a bikini, jean shorts, and a mesh cover up. I threw my hair into a claw clip and threw sunscreen, water, and tanning oil into a bag. After I was dressed and ready, I walked out to the kitchen and started to make sandwiches.

John B walked back to his room and got dressed while I started cutting veggies, just then Kie and Sarah walked in, "Hey boo!" Kie said as she gave me a side hug.
"Hey! Did you bring beer ?" I asked her as I watched Sarah give me a smile and walk back to my brothers room.
"Yeah" she said as she put them in the cooler that was sitting on the floor that was already filled with sandwiches. Kie started watching fruit when I heard the back door open and felt two arms wrap around me. I nestled into the crook of his neck as I continued cutting veggies. He leaned forward to kiss me which I happily kissed him back. When He leaned back I whispered "get dressed" over his lips. He kissed me once more before leaving to go get ready.
"Vom!" Kie said as once he was out of earshot.
"Says the girl that won't admit she's head over heels obsessed with-" I was interrupted by Pope walking in. I turned to Kie who was bright red and was now super focused on putting ice in the cooler. I giggled as I greeted Pope and told him the boys should be out in a minute. Sarah walked out and helped Kie cut open the last bag of ice while all the boys came out.
          "Ok let's roll out" John B said as he grabbed the boat keys and Sarah's hand. The rest of us followed while JJ grabbed the cooler. We walked down the dock and jumped on the HMS Pouge. Sarah, Kie, and I sat on the bow and took off our cover up's and shorts to tan while the JB drove and JJ and Pope cracked open a beer. I caught JJ staring and stuck my tongue out at him. He turned red and looked away as I giggled at him.

          When we got out far enough John B cut the engine and walked towards us to put the anchor down.
          "Move asshole" he said, jokingly, as he kicked my leg out of the way so we could stand where I was laying.
          "Sorry Bird-Shit" I said as he smirked and slapped my arm. "Owww ! That hurt !" I said, acting hurt, standing up to get out of his way. JB stood where I was standing, holding the anchor. JJ walked over and stood in front of JB.
          "Diver down" JB called,
          "Damn right he is" JJ said shoving him back into the water. I erupted into laughter stumbling forward into JJ, causing us both to fall into the water. When we surfaced JB was splashing us in the face, sooner or later JJ and I teamed up against him and started a water fight.
          "OK! OK! Geez knock it off" JB said. He swam over and climbed back in the boat while I swam over to JJ.
          "Hey hot momma" he said, grabbing my hips to pull me close. I wrapped my legs around his waist and kissed him, passionately.
          "Hey baby" I said as I pulled away from the kiss. He snapped my bikini bottoms against my hip, and then rubbed my hip. He kissed my neck but we were then rudely interrupted by Pope and Kie jumping into the water splashing us.
          "That's enough love birds" Pope said swimming towards us. I pulled away from JJ and his face dropped. He's always been a physical touch guy, but I was never a physical touch girl. Somehow we made it work though. I quickly grabbed his hand under the water, to regain contact. He smiled at me.

          Sarah and John B jumped in the water, leaving us all in the water. We spent the rest of the morning out on our spot, drinking beer, singing songs, and just enjoying the sun. I looked at JJ who was across from me, treading water by JB while I was over by Sarah. We made eye contact and he mouthed "I love you" I smiled and mouthed "I love you too" he smiled and we held eye contact for what felt like forever, and that was ok. He was my JJ.