11 - Bus Ride

/// This chapter's amazing art is done by the incredible CharaKR :) I'm excited to start this collaborative project!

Chara stared ahead of them, their gaze fixated on Clover and Asriel kicking the ball to one another. The playful shouting and insults they threw at each other drowned out the distant chirping of birds and other kids playing. They jumped as they felt a hand on theirs.

"It's just me, relax."

Chara glanced over to their left, their gaze meeting Frisk's.

"You have something on your mind?", Frisk asked, scooting a little closer to Chara. The picnic blanket underneath them scrunched up as they moved. They rested their head on their shoulder, Chara mirroring the action and resting their head on top of the other's.

"This time, no. Although, we should be going home soon."

"Mhm."

"Are you listening?"

"Not really...", Frisk muttered.

Chara chuckled. "Alright, then."

Frisk closed their eyes, sinking their weight deeper against Chara. They hummed in peace, feeling Chara's hand place from theirs to right behind them.

"I like this.", Frisk whispered.

"... Me too."

"It could be like this every day."

"I..." Chara paused. "Can we talk about it later?"

"Sure thing." Frisk lifted their head off of Chara's shoulder, eyes meeting once more. "Are you okay if I...?"

They nodded.

Frisk leaned in, resting their hand in the crook of Chara's neck. A soft smile formed when they felt their lips press agains the other's.

Chara's hand left the picnic blanket, instead finding its way to rest of Frisk's waist.

"Brother ewww."

With a glare, Chara glanced up at the two stood next to them.

"Get a room. I'm disgusted. Revolted, even.", Asriel smirked.

"Turn around then.", they deadpanned.

"I don't mean to be a party pooper in any way, but I kinda need to be heading home soon. Martlet will have my head if I ain't home for dinner.", Clover remarked, grabbing their backpack off of the ground. "You guys taking the bus?"

"Yeah, I don't think Toriel's able to pick us up." Frisk let go of Chara, who seemed less than amused, and stood up. "The bus stop isn't too far from here. We might still make the next one."

----

"Asriel?", Chara looked over at their brother, who was seated on the bench of the bus stop.

"No."

"Huh-? You didn't even know what I was gonna ask." Frisk zipped upon a bag as the two of them spoke.

"You were gonna ask me to light your cigarette."

"... No...", they said, drawing circles on the floor with their feet.

"Here." Frisk reached out to Chara, handing them a lighter.

They frowned. "Why do you have one?"

"It's mine, actually.", Clover said, popping up next to Chara. "Care to trade?"

They dug through their box, handing Clover a cigarette.

"Thanks, partner." They lit it, lighting Chara's in return.