Chapter 8

The Queen and her Knight

Alicent stood near her chamber's big window, back to the door. Someone was knokcing.

"Come in!"

"Your Majesty, I'm sorry for disturb you"

"There's no need to apologize, m'lorde. Is anything has happened?"

"No. I just want to see you...I'm sorry for what happened in the garden. Prince and princess shouldn't saw us there together"

"Oh, don't worry. I had a talk with them, so this is not a problem."

Criston had stand behind her back.

"Sometimes I wonder", woman started speak again, "that I was a terrible wife to His late Grace. I feel so unfaithful"

"You've been faithful wife for all of these years. Now you deserve your peace"

"It feels like I've never been enough for Viserys. He never cared, but for me It's so hard to get peace in our world, I'm afraid I never will."

"Let me help you. Just say what should I do"

She was thinking for a moment and than said...

"Hold me, please"

He steped closer and get his hand around her waist 

"Like that?"

"Yes, exactly. I missed you, Criston."

"I'm happy for it, but why are you crying than?"

"Oh, sorry. I'm just...Tired, so tired of it all"

Criston turned her face-to-face to him and slowly get down on his knees.

"You no need to cry anymore", he holded her waist and hips in his arms, "Please, stop."

"What are you-"

"Don't worry, just stop crying and listen to me, alright?"

She nodded.

"You are so  strong, you handled everything by yourself. You were a good wife and good mother, the King just don't deserved you. Children loves you so dearly, I love you with all my heart and it's enough. Isn't it?"

"Yes, it is."

Alicent wiped her tears away and smiled sadly.

"If only we've had more time..."

"We have it now, and we will. Now all the time of the world is ours, my love"

"So, get up and kiss me until you will be sick of it"

He stands up and get her closer. His kisses covered her neck, amd he wispered

"I will always be by your side. Always and forever. I will die for you if I must to" 

"No, you will not", women puted her hands around the guard's head, "I've been without you too much, and we will be together 'till the end of this fucking life, do you understand?"

"Yes, of course we will. Should I stayed with you for this nigt, my queen?"

"Yes, please"

That kiss was the best in their lives. 

...

At the same time Vaera and Leandra walked in the garden together. They've met Aegon there.

"Hi", Vaera hugged him and wispered, "Are you alright today?"

"Yes", he smiled, "Don't worry", the prince nodded to lady Velaryon next to himself, "I'm so happy you are here, m'lady. Vaera talked about you so lovingly"

"Me too, your highness. I was invited 'cause of your sister's wedding, is it not prepared yet?"

"No, it is in process."

"Will you be drunk then? I've heard you are alway are"

Vaera and Aegon both were shocked. 

"No, I will not. Who said it to you?"

"I've never writed it", Vaera slowly  had lost her tamper, "I never had."

"People talked about it soo loud. What a misery! Sorry, but now I'm so tired. Can I get to my room?"

"Of course you are", Aegon blushed, and than Leandra had leaved. 

"The Soul of the Waves is cruel. Did I said something wrong?"

"No, of course not", Vaera sighned, "I forgot how she may be, I'm afraid"

"Rhaenys never liked me and my siblings. She still hates our Mother so much, and I'm sure that she told her children to disrespect us."

"It's not your fault. Rhaenyra will be crowned soon and maybe than Velaryons's fury would pass"

"I hope so. Doesn't we all deserved a happy calm life just like a family?"

"Of course we are. And we will have it, I'm sure"

Aegon smiled a bit.

"Based on what I've heard", he said, "Helaena would't be the only bride this month"

"Really? And who's another?"

Cousin was slyly quiet. 

"Alright, I'll found out it myself"

Vaera returned to the castle, and when she get through the hall she sees Leandra talking with Aemond.

"You're no need to hide your feelings, my love. Just do what you want"

Vaera turned off her head, because her best friend kissed the prince deeply.