fifteen

Dani and I stood on her porch, she looked over to me

Dani and I stood on her porch, she looked over to me. Seeing me fidgeting with my hands she spoke.

"Sweetheart, I know you're nervous. But my mom will absolutely adore you, and Evelyn will also love you, she loves meeting new people." She took my hand and squeezed it. I took a deep breath in, and released it. "I'm just bad at meeting new people." I responded.

"New people make you nervous, hm?"

"Yeah." My hands were shaking.

"You'll have me by your side the entire time, okay? I will always be in sight. If anything is wrong just give me a sign, or walk to another room and I will drop everything to make sure you're okay, because that is the only thing that matters to me."

Her words warmed my heart.

"Ready?" Dani asked. "Ready." I smiled, Dani nodded before unlocking her door. A few seconds later a woman who didn't looked like her was stood in the hallway.

Dani and her mother hugged.

I miss my mother's hugs.

"Hi." The soft cheery voice of Dani's mother filled my ears, "You're Alexandra, am I right?" She asked. "Mhh." I nodded, not correcting her on the name.

"She prefers Alex." Dani met my eye, I smiled. 'Thank you.' my eyes spoke to her. She winked.

"Oh, Alex, what a lovely name." The woman leaned in for a hug. In the corner of my eye I saw Dani inspecting my reaction. I accepted the hug, it was fast, but nice.

For some reason I felt comfortable with her.

"Oh, how rude, I haven't introduced myself, my name is Hannah." She pulled away from the hug, her hands still on my shoulders. "Danièlle has told me so much about you."

"She has?" I asked, surprised by the fact that I had even been more than mentioned to Dani's mother. "She talks about you a lot on our calls."

"Now I'm intrigued, what kind of things has your daughter been telling you about me?" I asked, then looking over to Dani, who now was the one who nervously turned her head down.

"I've heard a bit about your time this summer." Hannah started. "Oh?" I couldn't help but laugh. "Didn't hear more than how beautiful you were and how in love she was with you after a week of talking to you." Hannah teased her daughter. "Mom!"

I blushed.

"Then I heard about the age thing.." She said. "I don't care by the way, as long you two are happy."