~Chapter 1~

“Gregory, are you there?” A young girl named Cassie, Gregory’s best friend, called through her walkie-talkie. She had short blond hair and green eyes.

“Yeah, now shut it before the seekers find me.” Gregory responded. He was a young boy about the age of 10, with fluffy brown hair and blue eyes. Today’s adventure in Gregory and Cassie’s friendship was Cassie’s 10th birthday party at Freddy Fazbear’s PizzaPlex. Normally, Cassie would just have a sleepover with Gregory, but this year was special. Since it was her 10th birthday, her parents allowed her to celebrate by inviting her entire class of 35 people to the newly opened PizzaPlex.

The kids were currently playing hide n’ seek around the PizzaPlex. Since they had so many people, and the PizzaPlex was so large, they had 5 seekers. Cassie got to pick the first five seekers, but after that, the first 5 kids found were the next seekers.

Suddenly, the lights turned off, signaling to the children that the band of animal robots were about to begin their performance. All of the kids rushed from their hiding spots around the PizzaPlex to the stage area where an orange bear with a blue mask and a microphone, a white chicken wearing pink and holding a funny shaped electric guitar, a gray wolf wearing red with a bright green piano guitar, and a green alligator with a red mohawk and a drum set were standing.

The kids cheered as the band began to play some 80’s songs. Once the performance was over, it was time for cake. The cake and ice cream were brought over in the stomach hatch of the bear animatronic from the previous performance called Freddy. The children gathered around Cassie, sang the happy birthday song, and dug into some cake and ice cream. Cassie noticed that Freddy had seemed very human-like, and it was making her slightly uncomfortable, but Gregory seemed to be loving Freddy, so she played along with liking him being there.

“Now, birthday girl, pick one animatronic that you can have a meet n’ greet with!” Freddy’s robotic voice exclaimed.

“I really liked the wolf girl!” Cassie said, excited to meet the prettiest animatronic that she had ever seen. Freddy got permission from Cassie’s parents to bring her over to the door labeled Roxanne Wolf. Oh, so that’s her name, Cassie thought as Freddy knocked on the door. The door opened rather quickly as the wolf animatronic appeared in the doorway.

“Hey there!” Roxanne said with a bright smile on her face. Something about this animatronic was oddly comforting to Cassie.

“Hi, I’m Cassie…” She said, shy and nervous. Roxanne reached out a kind hand and asked Cassie to come in.

As Cassie walked in, she heard the door shut behind her. She became more nervous as she realized that there would be no one to help her if the animatronic suddenly malfunctioned. She had heard the horror stories of the past, after all, the old animatronics malfunctioning and killing kids. These animatronics have to be safer. They’re allowed close to children after all, Cassie thought as Roxanne began to speak again.

“My name is Roxanne, but all of my friends call me Roxy. Is it your birthday, Cassie?”

“Yeah, I’m 10! My mom and dad finally let me have a birthday party!”

“Oh. Well, I’m glad that you get to celebrate here with me! Happy 10th birthday, Cassie!” Roxy seemed kind of shocked at the part about Cassie’s parents, but her warm smile came back quickly, as she didn’t want Cassie to notice that something was wrong. Roxy may have been a robot, but she was able to somehow feel emotions.

“What’s wrong, Roxy?” Cassie had noticed her mood shift even if it was just for a couple seconds. Roxy looked shocked at the young girl’s ability to read a room so quickly.

“Nothing is wrong, I promise.” Roxy responded reassuringly. A small smile formed on Cassie’s face, knowing that Roxy was lying, and she gave the animatronic a tight hug. Surprised, Roxy hugged her back.

“Would you like me or Freddy to walk back to your party room with you?” Roxy asked, Cassie immediately pointed at her.

“I think you look cooler. Also, Freddy kind of freaks me out.” Cassie said as Roxy laughed gently.

“Thank you Cassie”

They began to walk out of Roxy’s room and back to party room 1. As they passed Freddy, Roxy gave him a thumbs up as if to let him know that she was to walk with Cassie. But that is impossible, Cassie thought. They are animatronics, they don’t have emotions or coherent thoughts…