CHAPTER 24

The strategic stat that you guys discuss are making you tense up and anxious, you couldn't help but to wonder if you could do it since this is the first time you step on this race core.

Alone in the empty road, you're waiting for your teams arrival since you're suppose to support Vinny from behind needed to block the person that is getting in his way.

"What if I mess it up?" You mumbled and paranoidly put your forehead into your delicate palms.

Meanwhile, on your teams perspective, they are troubling passing the flag because of the bullet crews that is getting in their way, front to back

"June!" Shelly yelled his name who turned his head to see who it was, seeing the flag on his teammates hand reaching out for him, he quickly took it and pedal his way.

"Good luck!!" Shelly cheered between her breaths.

"Thanks!" June said his gratitude and pedal his way on Dom.

Back to your view, it's been a minute since the race have start, quickly get into your bike waiting for your team member to reach out for you.

"Saori!!!" Someone called that made you shift your position getting ready.

Sensing the nearing member, you quickly reach your hands getting the flag.

"Go!!!! Give it to Vinny!!!!" Dom yelled as you nod firmly.

Without a thought you quickly treadle your bike into its speed.

"A girl?Ha! No f*cking way!" You heard the other team spat, making your clench your handlebar.

"A girl huh? Then let see how this goes" you whisper to yourself and pedals more.

Your anxious breaths became stiffed because of the rapid heartbeats along with the tough wind passing through.

"Girls like you should've just go home" the opponent spat when he past through you with a mocking smile sending chills to your spine.

The smile is not just from the mockery, it looks creepy and unnatural for you.

You snapped out of your senses realizing that he rode passed by you.

Gathering all of your strength and starts to treadle more aggressively than before.

You didn't know racing like this are more difficult than what you see while watching your father race when you were a child.

Rapid heartbeats, shorten breaths, sore muscles and especially the wind that is hard to get the equilibrium of it for you.

"Oh? Head-to-head? HA! WHAT A SHOW"

Rider 69 from Hummingbird crew are currently getting head-to-head with rider 88 from bullet crew, who do you think will advance?!

Your stamina is reaching its limit just to advance from this guy that is belittling you from the start of this race.

"Is it still far away?" You voice with a stress tone.

But your stress soon became ease seeing Vinny from a far that became alert of your arrival and position himself.

Nearing, you reach your hands showing the team flag for him to notice.

Vinny takes it and pedals on his way with you trailing from behind for support.

"Even the two of you can't win against me motherf*ckers!!!"

"Hey!!!! Passed me the flag!" One of his teammates said when he didn't lend him the flag.

Vinny who took notice of the person behind you let a low hissed.