𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗𝐓𝐄𝐄𝐍

Dovesong opened her eyes in a dark den

Dovesong opened her eyes in a dark den. Her head throbbed where Snowtail must have knocked her out, and a fresh wave of dread washed over her when she realized she was back in the MoonClan prison. Great StarClan. Now how will I get out of here? And what will they do to me now? She wondered if she was even going to get out. Perhaps they wanted to interrogate her, and if she didn't give them the information they needed, then they would kill her. Having her here without anyone knowing was giving the MoonClan warriors a good chance to kill another FrostClan cat.

How long will it take until they realize I'm gone? Dovesong wondered, feeling cold with fear. She knew Mousetail wouldn't dare do what she did last time, no matter how devastated she was. She was the only reason Dovesong was freed. And with her sister unable to take any action, how would anyone save her? A battle would just make everything harder because more cats would die, and that was the exact opposite of what they were aiming for. But a single cat coming to the MoonClan camp would be just as terrible. Unless, of course, they know what they're getting themselves into and they have a plan to get us both out safely.

Though it seemed there was a slim chance of everyone, Dovesong and whoever saved her, would be safe. If anyone was brave enough to save her.

Oh, StarClan, please help me be safe, Dovesong pleaded to her ancestors. She hoped that Foxclaw was listening most of all. He had gotten her into this mess. But of course, she had no reason to be angry for several reasons. Shehad already forgiven him. It would be mouse-brained to get mad at him again for something he couldn't help when everyone else already blamed him for something he couldn't control.

"Dovesong." It was Shadowheart, Tawnyflight's former mate. "Cypressstar wants to see you. Come with me."

Somehow Dovesong didn't hate Shadowheart as much as she did everyone else in MoonClan. He was kind. He was quiet and stayed away from the rivalries of his Clan and FrostClan. She understood why Tawnyflight loved him so much.

"Do you know what he wants?" Dovesong asked as she followed the black tom toward the hollow cedar tree where Cypressstar had his den.

Shadowheart shook his head solemnly. "No. I'm sorry. But I have a feeling that it's nothing good. He's never up to anything good. I wish I could be there, just in case they did something to you . . . but I know that he won't let me in. He hasn't trusted me ever since Tawnyflight left."

Dovesong looked at him skeptically. "Why do you care what happens to me?"

Shadowheart returned her gaze, looking a little bit hurt, as if he suspected she believed that he was like his Clanmates. "Tawnyflight told me you're like a daughter to her, so . . . you're like a daughter to me."

"Oh, that's very . . . You talked to Tawnyflight? After she left MoonClan, I mean."

Shadowheart nodded. "Many times. But there's no time for that. We can talk after." He stopped at the foot of the hollow cedar tree. Ivyspring was there with the MoonClan leader. He bowed his head to Cypressstar, who was looking expectantly at the two cats. "Should I leave, Cypressstar?"