0.2 - the escape

「」⇢ 𝐈𝐧𝐧𝐨𝐜𝐞𝐧𝐭ˊˎ˗ ༉‧₊˚✧the escape, pre tfa

the escape, pre tfa

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃Fear was a foreign feeling to Arlie. She'd spent most of her life so emersed in an almost constant state of anger that she had almost forgotten what fear felt like. Though as she quickly gathered her things she really wished the swirling pit of anxiety would disappear and instead be replaced by the constant state of calm she had recently taught herself.

Her meetings with Poe had slowly become an outlet for her. A way for her to feel normal human emotions without the risk of being told she was too vulnerable. That she was becoming too weak. When she was with him all the pressures which normally weighed heavy on her conscience faded away to a sweet nothing.

Though at the moment her mind was anything but calm. Conflicted thoughts battled it out inside her head. Should she go? If she did she would be betraying the man who'd basically raised her, the same man who had killed her father. But going would mean she would be free. Free of the leash he had tied her down with her whole life.

The thought alone sent a small shiver of excitement down her spine. The thought of being free seemed to become bigger and bigger in her head, slowly it pushed on the fear she'd been feeling until it was almost diminished completely.

Her eyes glanced over to the clock quickly noting that she had just over an hour to get off the Finalizer and to the rendezvous point. Shoving the last thing into her bag she smiled to herself letting out a small breath. She was gonna be free.

Taking in minute to bask in her excitement she slowly looked around the dark empty room. There was nothing for her here. Nothing but cold and empty halls which led nowhere. Cold and empty halls she would hopefully never have to walk again.

Taking another breath she wiped the smile from her face before pulling her hood over her head. The door might a small 'woosh' sound as she stepped out into the hallway, briefly glancing both ways before setting off towards the hanger.

Just after pressing the pin, she'd put in an emergency request for a TIE fighter claiming she'd been requested in the galaxy capital. This of course was a lie but she knew news of her 'mission' wouldn't reach either Dathen or Kylo until the morning when she would be long gone.

As she walked her hand slipped into her pocket brushing against the small golden pin again. She;d found herself oddly attached to the thing. Over the brief time she'd had it she'd found herself reaching for it whenever anxiety began to cloud her mind.

Touching the pin made her think she was doing the right thing.

For once in her life Arlie Caddel was doing the right thing and she was determined to see it through.