Interviews

"Izzie Stevens was murdered." Arizona breathed out, her voice thick with emotion.

"What? What do you mean Izzie Stevens was murdered?" Addison asked, her eyes widened in shock, struggling to process what she was just told. She instinctively guided Meredith onto her lap, the blonde quickly burying her face in the redhead's chest.

"Karev went up to the roof and saw what looked like blood, he followed it and found her body just laying about twenty steps past the helicopter pad. She wasn't even hidden, it's almost like the killer wanted her to be found." Arizona ran her shaking fingers through her hair as tears spilled down her cheeks. "Yang said that they're calling the police now and once she talks to them she'll be back."

"Why do they want to talk to Cristina? They don't think she had anything to do with it, right?" Meredith poked her head out, fear clouding her eyes.

"No, they're just going to want to talk to anyone that worked closely with Izzie so they're going to be talking to all of Bailey's interns." Arizona explained in a soft voice. "Do you think that whoever killed Izzie is the person that's been working with Derek?" She asked, looking at Addison.

"Either that or Richard has more than one murderer on his staff, I just don't understand why anyone would want Stevens dead. Yes she was annoying and entitled and quite nosey, but for someone to purposely end her life? That poor girl…" Addison sighed at the feeling of tears falling down her cheeks, hiding her face in Meredith's hair.

Officer Taylor, Officer Jacobs, and Agent Nicholls made their way to Seattle Grace after receiving the call from Richard about a murdered intern. Taylor was kicking herself, she knew that it was likely that whoever killed Izzie Stevens was the same person who assisted Derek in torturing Rose and that they could have prevented this. Had she tested the rope right away or called in the FBI sooner they could have caught this person before they killed again. She knew it wasn't her fault, but she still felt some responsibility. The three of them soon found themselves in Richard's office, trying to get a grasp of what happened from the distressed chief of surgery.

"I had a bad feeling when Stevens didn't show up this morning, especially when her roommate told me that she never made it home last night, but I never thought we would be finding her body on hospital property. I should have called the second she didn't show up, but I just wanted to believe that nothing was wrong…" Richard said as he paced back and forth, trying to block out the images of her laying there lifeless on the roof, her eyes open and empty. "There was so much blood, the bastard slit her throat with so much force that she was nearly decapitated."

"You said that she left with her roommate George O'Malley around 6:30 last night?"

"Yes."

"Then her roommate said that she dropped him off at home before going to pick up dinner for the two of them, just to never return home?"

"Yes, we did have a trauma last night so my first thought was that she saw the ambulances heading this way and her intern bloodlust caused her to follow, but no one had seen her. I was hoping she would show up with some explanation, but…" Richard sighed as he rubbed his temples.

"Could we see the security footage? It's possible that she did follow the trauma back like you initially suspected, because somehow she did end up back at the hospital. The footage could possibly answer a lot of questions, we also found skin cells under her fingernails so we have the killer's DNA. Honestly it looks like she fought back hard so whoever killed her probably has some injuries of their own. Did anyone have problems with Dr. Stevens?" Agent Nicholls asked, pen out ready to take notes.

"Honestly, most people here had complaints about Stevens. Izzie was talented, especially in neonatal, but she never knew when to be quiet and things got progressively worse ever since Meredith was rescued and Addison took a leave of absence. She spent most of her time on Addison's service, once that wasn't an option anymore she started to feel as if her education was being compromised and acted out a lot. She was extremely disrespectful to our Neuro attending Dr. Nelson, telling him that he didn't compare to Derek so he threw her off of his service. Dr. Robbins said that Izzie would compare everything she did to Addison even though the two work in different specialties, there's been fights with her and another intern, her resident has also reported issues with her, I've even had conversations with her regarding all the complaints I was getting about her."