Can I Be Yours? / Just Tell Me I'm Yours

♯ CRUSH !﹙ 9-1-1 ﹚standalone novel © elfaouly310324 → TBAthis book is best read in:times new roman / smallest font& reading mode ⸻ scrolling

CRUSH !
9-1-1
standalone novel © elfaouly
310324 → TBA

this book is best read in:
times new roman / smallest font
& reading mode ⸻ scrolling

" And if I'm on fire / You'll be made of ashes too "
TAYLOR SWIFT, my tears ricochet.

When Sloane Hart joined the firefighter academy in Boston after barely graduating from high school, she was desperate to prove herself. Not only did she want to appease her very disappointed parents, who had wanted her to follow in their daunting law career-based footsteps, but she wanted to be living, breathing proof that women were just as capable of working in the male-dominated profession.

She never allowed the snide comments from her instructors and fellow students to weigh her down, powering through the extra exercises and obstacles placed in her way. She refused to allow them to make her a failure, another unsuccessful statistic.

The smirk she wore on her face as she accepted her certificate as the top student in her class at the graduating ceremony was unmovable, even after she eventually realized her parents weren't in attendance.

Soon after leaving the academy, Sloane had been assigned to a nearby firehouse. The acting female Captain there made Sloane feel like she was making the change she wanted to, and the crew she worked with supported each other through everything. They had become what resembled a family to her, filling the hole in her heart that her distant parents had left.