✿ 𝙽𝚎𝚠 𝙲𝚒𝚝𝚢 ✿

✿➳✧

✿➳✧

"I hate it."

MADISON WAS silent the entire ride to their new apartment. Becky had recently been offered a position on a new show called 'Wake up, San Francisco!' which happened to be in San Francisco. So, the mother and daughter had to move away from Nebraska and move to San Francisco.

Madison was beyond upset when her mother told her. She begged, and begged for them to stay. All her family lived in Nebraska, her friends, her school, she wasn't ready to start fresh.

Madison, or other known as Maddie, was very social, she loved reading, listening to music, and painting. She was always outgoing and loud and sometimes and drove people away. All she had was her mom, her dad packed up and left when she was three because he was too busy to take care of her and her mom.

Her father wrote to her occasionally and would send her little gifts. Though it upset her a little that her dad left she still loved him and would always get upset when her mom brought a new guy home. The last letter she got from her dad was when she told him they were moving, he replied,

'Thats very unfortunate, sunshine. But I'm sure that this job opportunity is good for you and your mother. Make sure to send me your new address so I can keep sending letters my little sunflower.'

Love, dad.

As Maddie leaned on the window lost in thought, the car came to a stop. She sat up and saw they had pulled up to their new house, she groaned as her mother turned from the drivers seat.

"So, here it is." Becky gave her a big smile.

Maddie slumped in her seat and sighed. "I don't wanna go in." Maddie pouted.

"I'm sure you'll love it." Becky said, and got out of the drivers seat and opened the door for her.

Maddie slung her backpack over her shoulder and hopped out of the car. She admired the house, it wasn't huge but it wasn't small either. She scrunched her noise at the city smell.

"What died." Maddie pinched her nose.

Becky pursed her lips and grabbed the keys to open the door to their house. The door opened and it revealed a wide empty space, the house was okay but it didn't feel like home at all. She already missed everything about Nebraska, especially her friends.

"So.. what do you think?" Becky walked into the house.

Maddie stepped into the house as well and crossed her arms looking around, "I hate it."