Shower Stalls

Alexis

~

I sat on the floor next to Aisha stretching, practice was about to start and we all needed to stretch. Johni was at the one end of the court stretching while me , Aisha and a couple other players sat in the middle.

"But then she asked me for a pen and I felt like an ass because I didn-"

"Excuse me y'all." Kiara, second steam small forward came up cutting off Aisha.

"Wassup?' Aisha asked

"Its a frat party tonight, the team trying to slide, y'all down or?" She asked.

"Nah not this time Kia. I got early classes in the A.M" aisha answered

"Understandable... What bout you Alexis?" Kiara turned to me.

"Um... I'll think about it"

"Coo' lemme know" she said I nodded and she walked away.

"I wouldn't go if I were you." Aisha said
"Why not?" I frowned

"Nothing good ever comes out of a Frat party"

"Oh."

~

"AYE YALL!" Johni said walking towards the middle of the court once she got everyone's attention she spoke.

"Iight so check it! Coach is gonna be running late she is in a meeting. But y'all know we gon get this practice started anyways. " she started.

"So the 5 sets of Suicides. AS A TEAM! and then the lay up lines. If after that she isn't here yet then we will go into The Star drill . coo'? " she finished.

"Yeah, mhmm" everyone hummed.
"IGHT THEN HIT THE BASE LINE!" she yelled and they all scattered, except me.

I waited for everyone to get there spots so I could just fill in and not have anything said to me.

"Wassup Alexis?" Johni asked waiting next to me.

"Oh , I - um I'm just waiting for them to get set"

"They look set to me" she raised an eyebrow.

"Right." I said about to jog off, but she grabbed my arm.

I looked at her. She smiled.

"I didnt get a chance to beat you earlier"

"Yeah cause your slow" I smirked.

"Haha! Finish these suicides before me and I'll let you have that"

"You already lost!" I grinned.

"We'll see" she said we both jogged to the end of the line up and got set.

"READY!........ SET!........ GO!" Johni called. And we all took off.

I ran my fastest, trying to finish theses suicides first.

~

"GOOD PRACTICE YALL! " Coach yelled. Letting us know that practice is over. Everyone made their way to the locker rooms and undressed to get in the shower. I sat on a bench and waited my turn.

"So you sliding?"
"Ion know brah, maybe. "

I over heard Johni and Kiaras conversation. I looked over at them.

Kiara was taking her hair out of the messy bun she put it in to practice. And Joni was stripping out of her clothes. I watched her unknowingly, I didn't know that I was staring, till Johni stopped and looked at me smirking.