sixteen

Cassidy's pov

the day after

I woke up this morning with a strange feeling in my stomach. I guess my mom's cat could sense i wasn't doing so well, she was cuddling with me when i woke up.

I heard a soft knock on my door.

"come in." I yell.

my mom opens the door and she has an envelope in her hands. "how did you sleep girly?" she sits at the edge of my bed.

"I slept okay. I'm really anxious right now. I just woke up with a bad feeling." I put my head into my hands.

my mom puts her hand on my shoulder and starts to rub my back.

"maybe it's because of what happened yesterday." my mom blurted out.

"what happened yesterday?" I look up at her, I see her look down at the envelope in her hands.

"so, you remember you agreed to put a tail on Ryan? well, he just dropped something off." my mom hands me the envelope. fuck, this must be bad.

"what did he say?" I ask as I look down at the envelope.

"he didn't say anything. everything that needs to be said is in those pictures." my mom sighs.

I look down at the envelope for a second before I open it. God I hope this isn't what I think it is. I open it and pull out the pictures.

----

description of photos

photo 1: Ryan leaning in to kiss Ariana

photo 2: Ryan and Ariana hugging through the window of the apartment

photo 3: Ariana and Ryan kissing on the bed.

photo 4: Ryan eating Ariana out.

----

I couldn't look at the rest of the pictures because I knew what was next. I let out a soft sob, shoving the pictures back into the envelope and giving it back to my mom.

"I'm sorry didi, I didn't wanna show you but I had to. do you want me to keep tailing him?" my mom pulls me into an embrace as I sob harder.

"no, this can't get any worse." I was so hurt and confused, I never thought Ryan would do something like this to me. "Ari." I whispered.

"what's that?" my mom asks.

"Ms grande, from the high school. she's Ari." I continue to cry, causing my mom and pull me in once again.

"Didi it's okay. at least now you know the truth." she tries to console me.

"yeah you're right. I was gonna find out sooner or later I guess." I stand up and walk to my bathroom, leaving my mom sitting on my bed.

my thoughts started to race in my head. how long had they been seeing each other? when did this start? I had so many questions and only one person could answer them but I couldn't ask him. I just didn't know what to do. so I decided to try and play it cool.

---

Cassidy: hey, can we meet today?

Ryan: sure. where you tryna go?

Cassidy: umm anywhere. we just really need to talk.

ryan: umm okay, can we meet at the park? I'ma go hoop after.

Cassidy: yeah, let's meet in 30 minutes.

---

my heart dropped at the thought of seeing him but I decided to get ready so I could see him. I threw on a random outfit and made sure to do my makeup to hide my eye bags.