Travertine Outdoor Pavers Vs Concrete: Which Is Better?

When choosing the layout of an outdoor space, people frequently waver between concrete and Travertine outdoor pavers. Because of their unique characteristics and appearance, Travertine pavers—frequently shaped like squares or rectangles—offer a more visually appealing substitute.

Concrete pavers are manufactured rather than totally natural, like Travertine, so they cannot be compared to the latter in every way. Selecting the right type of pavers is only one of the many options when purchasing them for your patio. We take a closer look at the pointers that differentiate between using outdoor Travertine pavers and concrete pavers for your outdoor space.

Here, we compare their differences:

Appearance

The way you want your landscape to look will influence many of your paver choices. Because Travertine pavers are manufactured entirely of natural stone, they offer a really distinctive and earthy appearance. You can find this stone in greys, whites, blacks and beige tints. While they may be manufactured to resemble natural stone, concrete pavers will never have the same organic qualities. However, when it comes to colour, choosing concrete pavers gives you more freedom to determine the shade of your pavers since they can be manufactured.

Shape

Pavers can occasionally be seen in unusual shapes, such as triangles, I-shapes, diamonds, hexagons and rectangles with wavy edges. Since concrete pavers are manufactured, it is simpler to shape them into desired forms. Because outdoor Travertine pavers are natural stones, their forms are often limited to squares and rectangles. However, there are some suppliers who also offer crazy pavers that give an irregular and unique look.

Price

Because Travertine pavers are naturally occurring stones, they must be extracted from their original source. This increases the cost of installation and makes them slightly more difficult to get. Conversely, concrete pavers are more affordable since they may be created as and as needed.

However, in the long run, outdoor Travertine pavers contribute to increasing the home's resale value. We will talk about it in detail in the next pointers. Likewise, they are also resistant to chipping and cracking, which means no such replacement is necessary at any time soon.

Durability

When it comes to paving outdoor landscape, you'll want to choose ones that are durable and can handle high foot fall traffic. This is where Travertine pavers come in. They have been utilised in the construction of buildings and monuments for thousands of years because they are incredibly sturdy due to the presence of calcified elements. Concrete pavers are also strong and fare better when it is compared to natural stone alternatives, they fall behind their strength.

Resale Value

Just as potential purchasers are likely to appreciate genuine granite countertops over imitation granite, travertine pavers will probably be valued more by them than concrete pavers if you ever decide to sell your house. Travertine outdoor pavers will increase your home's resale value since real stone is more expensive and uncommon than concrete.

Whatever sort of pavers you see for your house or place of business, our paver installation team can assist in turning your vision for a patio or pathway into a reality.

Travertine vs Concrete Pavers for Outdoors

The decision between Travertine and concrete pavers for outdoors frequently boils down to personal preference for style. Even while some builders might try to mimic Travertine's exquisite, organic beauty, concrete will never seem exactly the same. They need more polishing to get that rough Travertine effect, which raises the cost even more.

The surface temperature is also a crucial factor in differentiating between the two. Because of its porous structure, concrete decks are really 20–30% warmer than those made of tile. This is ideal for those really hot summer days, as Travertine is non-slip by nature and can be sealed to keep mould and degradation at bay.

When the temperature drops below freezing, concrete pavers become more brittle and are less resilient to harsh weather. Furthermore, this material may require periodic staining and repair due to the fading caused by rain, sleet and snow. It's less expensive, but there are long-term expenses to consider.

Choose Premium Quality Travertine Outdoor Pavers

You must have now understood how natural stones like Travertine will always be a better option when it comes to building materials. However, one thing that needs to be kept in mind is the selection of premium grade stones.

These don't chip or crack easily and set you in for a long duration of aesthetic beauty and functionality. We at Stone Depot aim to help you choose the ideal building material, whether you decide between concrete or Travertine outdoor pavers. We offer other natural stones as well, such as Marble, Sandstone, Slatestone, Granite, Bluestone and more. You can also look for crazy paving, French patterns and cobblestone options from our huge selection. Reach out to us now to discover your ideal stone.