Chapter Two -Quagmire

CHELSEA SPENCER
Feeling guilty and angry that sweet, innocent Myles had been badly hit by some unknown psycho, I accept to go to a party with Maddie and probably think a little.

Not about the stalker. I'm calling the cops for sure. I just need to get my thoughts together.

'Don't you wanna dance?' Maddie asks, ignoring Ricardo who's been trying to dance with her.

'No. But Ricardo wants to,' I say.

'Don't think about that shit, Chels. We're talking to the cops tomorrow,' she reminds me.

'I'll be fine,' I reply. I grab a glass of water.

'Hey,' someone says behind me. I turn to see who it is. A tall white guy.
Worth a few minutes, probably
'Hey,' I reply.

'Do you wanna dance?' He asks.

'No,' I reply as kindly as I can.

'You don't think I'm cool enough for you?' He asks.

'I'm a little sick. I might throw up on you,' I say.

He laughs a little.

'That made me feel better,' he says.

I smile. Not at him but at the way he fell for the fib.

'I'm Adrian,' he says.

'Chelsea,' I reply.

'Do you wanna sit over there?' He points to a couch.

'Sure,' I reply. He takes my hand in his, asking for permission with his eyes.

We walk to the couch. There's Stacie and two other members of the sorority.

'She needs to sit,' Adrian tells Stacie, giving her a look that made me realize she's his ex.

'Yeah, why not? Hi Chels,' she says. I roll my eyes and address Adrian:

'I need to pop to the bathroom for a few minutes.'

'Okay,' he says.

'Wow, Adrian,' I hear Stacie say, sarcastically.

'Fuck off, you know everyone's talking about her,' he snaps.

'I'm damned she's talking to you,' she says.

'She has eyes for mediocre people, just like you did,' Adrian sounds hurt.

I return from the bathroom to find Stacie trying to touch Adrian. It takes all I can to stop myself from bursting into a fit of laughter.

'Easy, Stacie. I don't even like him,' I tell her.

'You don't like me?' Adrian asks, warily.

'No. I'm sorry,' I reply and walk away.

'That was mean,' he says , following me.

'I said I was sorry,' I tell him, smirking at Stacie who rolls her eyes.

I see someone brutally punching another person outside .

Wait, he's punching a girl.  I start to walk closer to confirm what I just saw.

'Where are you going?' Adrian asks.

'Stop,' I tell him sternly, going outside.  It really is a girl being hit by a guy. I can't watch this. She's bleeding.

'Hey, could you get your hands off her?' I yell.

He doesn't stop. He grabs her neck and lifts her off the ground.

I move over and slap him hard across the face. Only then do I realize that he's super hot.