04

Blair POV.

Someone screams, and Michael's friends are about to beat me up, but Barbara, sensing the tense situation from afar, rushes in and pulls me away, shouting, "Pull him up first!"

Taking advantage of the chaos, Barbara grabs me with one hand and the girl with the other, and then we run away.

"What's wrong with you?" Barbara scolds me while driving, "How dare you push Michael into the water? His mother will skin you alive!"

I sit in the passenger seat, casually holding my chin and looking out the window, "He deserves it for talking too much."

"You have seen your adoptive mother's methods before!"

I turn to her with a smile, "To be or not to be, that's really a question. "

Barbara is speechless.

I turn to the girl in the back seat, "Hey, how old are you?"

The girl, wrapped in clothes, lowers her head and says softly, "Fourteen."

"Why did Michael treat you like this?"

The girl answers quietly, "He wanted me to... be his girlfriend, but I didn't want to... and then..."

The girl trembles with fear and stops speaking.

I take her with Barbara to the hospital for a check-up, then send her home.

As the girl gets out of the car, she points to her house and says, "Thank you, I'm arrived."

I look at the dark window and ask, "Is there no one at home this late?"

"My mom is working the night shift."

"And your dad?"

"My dad... he's dead."

I exchange a glance with Barbara. Then I say, "I'm sorry."

"It's okay," the girl waves her hand, forcing a smile, "He was a policeman and died in the line of duty, very honorable."

Her words suddenly reminds me something, "Girl, don't let your mother call the police when you get home."

The girl looks up at me blankly.

I force a smile and pat her head, "You can't deal with him. If you want a peaceful life, transfer to another school and maybe move."

Seeing the lights in the girl's house turn on, Barbara turns to me and says, "You are busy giving advice to others, what about yourself? Come and stay at my house for a few days."

"No need." I don't want Barbara to get involved too, "Don't worry, Mrs.Mary will just scold me, that's all."

Then I get in the car, "What are you waiting for, Drive me home."

Emerson's old mansion in the night.

As soon as I step into the living room, four of Mrs. Mary's bodyguards are already waiting for me.

Mr. Emerson is not around, and the house is very quiet.

The bodyguards bow to me, then lead me to a room at the end of the second-floor corridor.

The light in the room is cold, and Mrs. Mary, under the light, has been staring at me since I entered the room.

She is very beautiful, 55-year-old this year, but looks only in her forties, tall and thin.

The corners of her eyes are slightly upturned, and her gaze at me is like a snake looking at a rabbit it has strangled.

I almost believe her mouth will spit out venom at any moment.