Chapter XXXVI

Three months later:
17/11/23
Ishika was sitting on the sofa near the balcony drinking her cup of tea. And Anaya was having a cup of ice-cream. You think she moved on? Guess the flavour. Butter pecan!
"Your bougainvillea has flourished so well, Ana. You took care of them well."
"Lemme believe that it's Ayaan who's taking care of them from there." She said pointing towards the sky.
Bougainvillea- symbol of spiritual connection.
Two and a half months ago, Anaya planted it in the balcony as a symbol of respect for Ayaan who loved her unconditionally. People in love do promise about 'dying for you', but he actually died without even promising, without even asking anything in return. Not even her love! She didn't got chance to reciprocate his feelings and neither to accept or deny them; but atleast she can connect and form a bond with his soul. Every person in love isn't a lover, right? Maybe Ayaan and Anaya were 'soul'-mates.
Main rahoon ya naa rahoon
Tum mujhme kahi baaki rehna...

"And look at that rose plant, a bud is growing on it." Ishika said enthusiastically. But Anaya's mouth turned down. She nodded slightly and went to her room.

She opened the closet and then with a key, she opened the drawer. There it was! All the 90 notes that Ahaan had written for her in past three months. Few of them were accompanied with gifts. She picked up a handful of them and started reading:

7/10
Lily, you have every right to be upset with me. And I have every right to love you. I'm still claiming my rights.

And Anaya was claiming hers.

24/10
Ice-cream date at 6? I'll have mint chocochip. You look beautiful in everything you wear! And even when you don't.
P.S I'm joking I'm not stalking you (in your bathroom).

4/11
I saw you at the jewellery shop. And I know you loved this bracelet. Don't leave the things you love! (Also the people.) Here's the bracelet. And the person is just a call away.

3/10
I want to see you Anaya! I'm dying to see you. I am trying so hard to resist the urge to run to you, hug you and kiss you. But I don't want to hurt you by coming in front of you. You said you don't want to see my face and I won't show it until and unless you order me to do so! If I'm hurting you by sending these notes, then My Highness, you can order me to stop and I will. But I will never stop loving you Lily! It's out of my domain.

There's was a dried up mark of a drop of tear when Anaya received it; and now there were two.

15/09
Don't let these flowers die and I'll believe that it's our 'love' blooming.
Roses - symbol of love!

And today, the first bud started growing.

She didn't receive any note today. And this was the first time ever since three months ago. And it did hurt her a little.

Kehte hai kisi chiz ko siddat se chaho to puri kainaat usse tumse milne ki koshish karti hai. Mene bhi to tumhe puri shiddat se chaha tha Ahaan. Fir kyu mujhe tum nahi mile? The most difficult thing for me was to trust someone. Out of 7 billion people in the world, I chose to trust 4 of them. Ishi, Parth, Mrs. Philips and YOU. And you proved that you can't even trust 4 of them. And you've started to give up on me now. Anaya thought as tears rolled through her eyes.

20/11/23
In the evening:
Parth made Anaya and Ishika sit on a sofa infront of him. It was a rare occasion that the duo were witnessing. Parth was in a serious mood.
"Oh, Divine power!" Ishika snapped her hands together. "If you are hearing us right now, save us from the upcoming wrath of Parth's idiocy and his self proclaimed superb idea which is not even worth considering. I pray for the well being of our mental state after listening to him and we also pray for his physical health after we break a bone or two of his. Forgive our sins and grant us lifes." Ishika said in her obvious dramatic tone. She was a drama queen from the beginning.
"How are you so sure that my actuallyyy superb plan is not so good?" Parth questioned with narrowed eyes. Anaya replied with a chuckle "When was the last time you were this serious?"
"Nevermind we are not going there." Parth changed the topic. "The main point is...."
"Is....?"
"You need to talk to Ahaan."