57

When Lance awoke the next morning, the soft light of dawn filtering through the curtains, he found Keith still sleeping beside him, his features softened in the gentle morning light. Lance couldn't help but admire the peaceful expression on Keith's face, feeling a surge of affection wash over him. Lance smiled subconsciously as he drew his hand closer to Keith's face. He caressed Keith's cheek with his finger, admiring his beauty. His silky hair was slightly messed, and Lance played with it as he brushed it out of the way.

Lance watched Keith stir slightly under the gentle touch, his breaths deep and even. For a moment, Lance wondered what Keith was dreaming about, hoping it was something pleasant, maybe even about their newfound understanding.

The room was quiet, save for the occasional bird chirping outside the window, signaling the start of a new day.

Careful not to wake Keith, Lance quietly slipped out of bed, his heart feeling lighter than it had in a long time. As he went about his morning routine, he couldn't shake the feeling of contentment that filled him, a sense of rightness that settled deep in his bones.

When Keith finally stirred awake, blinking sleepily and rubbing his eyes, Lance greeted him with a warm smile. "Good morning," he said softly, the words carrying a weight of affection that made Keith's heart flutter.

"Morning," Keith replied, his voice still thick with sleep. He stretched lazily, a contented sigh escaping his lips as he glanced around the room.

Seeing Lance standing there, a gentle smile on his face, Keith felt a warmth spread through him, the remnants of sleep quickly fading away. He sat up, the sheets pooling around his waist, and returned the smile, his eyes lingering on Lance. "Did you sleep well?" he asked, his tone warm and genuinely curious.

Lance nodded, moving to sit on the edge of the bed. "Yeah, I did," he admitted.

Keith shifted closer to Lance, the warmth of their shared space enveloping them both. "I'm glad," he said softly, his gaze softening as he reached out to brush a stray strand of hair away from Lance's face.

Lance leaned into Keith's touch, his heart skipping a beat at the gentle contact. "I should get a haircut soon, huh?"

Keith chuckled. "I think it looks nice a little longer."

Lance rolled his eyes. "Of course you'd think that," Lance stated as he grabbed a few strands of Keith's hair between his thumb and index finger.

Keith laughed lightly. "Maybe I like it because it reminds me of when we first met," he teased, a playful glint in his eyes.

"Oh, back when you thought I was unbearable?" Lance raised an eyebrow, an amused smile playing on his lips.

"I never thought you were unbearable," Keith corrected, his tone mock-serious. "Infuriatingly interesting, maybe."

"Infuriatingly interesting, huh?" Lance chuckled, shaking his head slightly. "I'll take that as a compliment."

Keith smiled, his hand finding Lance's. He interlaced their fingers. Lance squeezed Keith's hand gently, enjoying the physical connection that seemed to ground their emotional one. "Thanks for putting up with me," he said, his voice tinged with sincerity.

Keith's smile softened, his thumb gently tracing circles on the back of Lance's hand. "It gets more difficult everyday," Keith joked.

Lance shoved Keith away from him, causing Keith to laugh slightly. "Seriously though," Keith said. "I wouldn't want it any other way."

Lance rolled his eyes. "You're such a dork."

"Look who's talking," Keith remarked.

Lance chuckled and missed Keith with his elbow. "Yeah... I'll admit that one." His chuckle faded into a contented sigh as he looked at Keith.

Keith's gaze lingered on Lance, observing the subtle expressions that played across his face, each one revealing more of his thoughts and feelings than words ever could. For a moment, they just sat there, enjoying each other's company, the world outside their room seeming distant and unimportant. Then, Lance leaned in closer, his heart beating a little faster. "Keith," he whispered, as if sharing a secret, "Can I kiss you?"

Keith's breath caught slightly, his eyes searching Lance's. "You don't have to ask," he murmured back, a hint of amusement in his voice at Lance's formality.

Lance grinned, and without another word, he closed the gap between them. Their lips met in a kiss that was gentle and exploratory at first but soon deepened with a mutual intensity. Keith's hands came up to cradle Lance's face, his fingers threading through Lance's hair, pulling him closer. Lance responded by wrapping his arms around Keith's waist, drawing him in until there was no space left between them. The kiss deepened, driven by the months of pent-up emotions and the newfound freedom to express their feelings without hesitation.

Lance's heart raced with a mixture of excitement and tenderness, each touch of Keith's lips sending shivers down his spine. He eagerly attempted to pull Keith even closer to him, resulting in the two of them becoming unbalanced and falling off the bed, onto the floor. Lance burst out laughing and Keith rubbed at his knee as he sat himself up. "Jeez, man," Keith let out, audibly on the brink of laughing. "I guess we're still figuring out the mechanics of this," Keith said after his laugh finally broke through.

Lance grinned, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly. "Yeah, maybe we need more practice," he suggested, his voice playful.

Keith raised an eyebrow, his grin mischievous. "Is that your way of asking for another kiss?"

"Maybe," Lance replied, not missing a beat. "Is that a problem?"

Keith hummed, as if he was thinking then did the scale weighing motions with his arms. "Well..."

"Oh, shut up." Lance grabbed hold of Keith and practically leaped forward. He pressed his lips against Keith's again, now straddling him.

Keith laughed against Lance's lips, his hands instinctively settling on Lance's hips to steady him. "You're impossible," he murmured, the affection in his voice unmistakable.

Lance smiled into the kiss, deepening it for a moment before pulling back to look at Keith. "I think that's why you like me," he teased, his eyes sparkling with mischief.

"Might be," Keith admitted, his gaze softening as he took in Lance's features up close. "You keep life interesting."

Lance's expression softened, a genuine smile spreading across his face. "And you keep me grounded," he said sincerely, his hands moving to cup Keith's face gently.

They remained like that for a moment, simply enjoying the closeness and the quiet understanding that had grown between them. Then, feeling a playful urge, Keith gently flipped their positions, pinning Lance under him with a quick, practiced move that left them both laughing.

"Hey!" Lance protested with a laugh, looking up at Keith from the floor. "No fair."

Keith grinned down at Lance, his eyes alight with happiness. "All's fair in love and war," he quipped, then leaned down to steal another quick kiss, soft and sweet, from Lance's lips.

Lance chuckled as Keith pulled back, his heart full. "I'll get you back for that," he warned playfully.

"I look forward to it," Keith replied, his voice low and teasing. He then helped Lance up from the floor, their hands lingering together as they both stood.

Roommates (Klance College AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें