Chapter Nine

"Okay I can't lie I'm so happy to see everyone again!" Paige said. "Yea I agree, we seriously have to hang out more often. I really missed everyone." "We're very happy you're back Jadon. And it's great Jordan's with you as well." "Thanks Paige." Jadon smiled. Everyone except for Tanesha was in Manchester. It had been a relatively long time since they'd all seen each other. "How long until she's here?" Reiss whispered to Paige and Raheem in the hallway. Away from Jesse Marcus and most importantly Jadon, who couldn't know Tanesha would be there with them in a bit too.  "I don't know. I texted her but you know T." Paige whined as she rolled her eyes. "She says she'll be there in 10 but she knows she's not anywhere near. It's not my fault she's like that." everyone sighed at that knowing Paige was right. "Imagine she doesn't even show up. I'll be pissed if so." Reiss says right as Paige's phone lights up. "Oh my days! Tell me you're close Tanesha!" "Wow. Chill a bit mum, I'm at the train station but for some reason the bus driver saw me standing at the stop and chose to drive off anyway. Can you pick me up?" Reiss started laughing. "I don't know why you're laughing but okay. Wait til it happens to you. You won't be laughing then." Reiss continued laughing. Unbothered. "Get your licence and then a car as well. And this won't happen again." Tanesha kissed her teeth loudly. "Don't you worry tho, we'll come pick you up okay? You poor thing."

"Welcome home!!" Paige said as they walked towards the front door. Tanesha chuckled a bit in response. "Yea thanks." As soon as Paige opened the door loud voices and music was heard. The kids immediately ran towards the door after hearing T and Paige's voices. Jordan excitedly ran towards Tanesha. She picked him up and twirled him around. "Oh I'm so happy to see you! I've missed you. How's mum?" She cooed loudly, her voice filled with joy. Unaware to Tanesha, Jadon suddenly went quiet upon hearing her voice. The other men in the living room got quiet too. Curious and slightly scared of his reaction. Jadon slowly walked towards T and Jordan speaking animatedly in the hallway. He quietly watched them talk for a while, until Jordan noticed him standing behind Tanesha as she bent to pick her bag from the floor. "Jadon come look who's here!" he shouted excitedly, while pointing at Tanesha. "Yea." Jadon quietly answered him. Tanesha not able to believe this was actually happening, turned around to confirm him really standing there. "No way." she whispered at the same time Jadon greeted her. "Hey T." Jadon said. Fighting the urge to roll her eyes at him she greeted back. "Hey." Tanesha said.

"Nah I really can't believe you lot set me up like this." "We didn't mean to set you up. but we just thought; you guys used to be friends let's just solve this." Raheem said. "And you've been texting. I thought you'd be a bit happier to see him again, to be honest." Rolling her eyes hard Tanesha spoke.  "I don't have anything to solve, he suddenly had a problem with me. I'm good." "Maybe let's just hear him out T." Marcus calmly said. "No thanks." she said barely letting him finish his sentence, as she walked out of the kitchen.

"I think Jadon does want to speak to her to solve everything." Raheem quietly said. Jesse nodded "I understand her reaction but I don't, they'd texted a bit right? I didn't think she was this angry at him still." he said turning towards Paige. She shrugged. "Yea, I don't know either. Let's just wait for her to calm down a bit."

"Hey, T. Why aren't you happy to see Jadon? You used to be very good friends." Jordan quietly asked Tanesha as they watched "Jadon Sancho's Best Moments" on his iPad. Though Tanesha was more busy thinking about the situation then actually watching the video. "Hmm?" she absently asked him? "What did you say again Jordan?" "Oh I wanted to know why you're not happy to see Jadon again?" He asked Tanesha again. She quietly thought about a good way to answer Jordan's question.

"Hey, T. Why aren't you happy to see Jadon? You used to be very good friends." Jordan quietly asked Tanesha as they ironically watched "Jadon Sancho Best Moments" on his iPad. Though Tanesha was more busy thinking about the situation then actually watching the video. "Hmm?" she absently asked him? "What did you say again Jordan?" "Oh I wanted to know why you're not happy to see Jadon again?" He asked Tanesha again. She quietly thought about a good way to answer Jordan's question. "To be really honest Jords, I'm not even sure. It's a bit complicated." Jordan hummed at that. "Can you be friends again? I wanna do fun things again." Tanesha laughed at that. "I'll see, but we can always do fun things doesn't matter if I'm friends with your uncle or not." "You promise?" Jordan asked sticking his pinky out. "Yep I do!" Tanesha replied locking their pinkies. "I'm hungry now. Can we eat?" Jordan said as Tanesha laughed. "Yea let's see if there's some food around."

"Jordan, you just ate not that long ago tho." Jadon said as Tanesha put a plate of rice in the microwave for him. She rolled her eyes. "Leave that child alone, let him eat. He's growing." Jadon only sighed at that. Tanesha hummed contentedly at his
silence as she grabbed Jordan's plate out of the microwave. "Thank you." he smiled as she put it down in front of him. "You're welcome Jordan." she singsonged.

"So for how long are you staying in the UK?" Jadon quietly asked. "I came back to stay, I have to find a job tho." Jadon hummed. "What kinda job you looking for?" He asked. "Not anything specific. Just something to be able to pay my bills you know." Tanesha answered the question as she ate some salted popcorn. "How's football? You still happy about signing with United?" she asked. Jadon stayed quiet as he was surprised she'd kept up with him at all. Just as he was about to answer T's questions Reiss entered the kitchen. "You lot made up yet?" He asked. Jadon stayed quiet. "Yea yea." Tanesha said as she walked away. "She knows I signed with United." Jadon said. "I don't know why you're surprised" Paige said walking into the kitchen. "Of course she knows, you used to be friends no?" she said. Jadon stayed quiet as he processed this information.

"Have you looked for schools yet?" Marcus asked. "Summers almost over." "Yea I looked a bit but haven't really decided yet." Jadon answered. "It's a lot of work sorting all this out." Marcus hummed. "We could always help you if needed, you know. No worries." "Yea, I know thank you." Jadon smiled.