OKAASAN

Wh..what was he doing here?, you thought.

Why did he have Tsuki held up like that unconscious, more importantly was she okay?

All these thoughts raced through your mind and you felt like daggers had been shot to your heart remembering the betrayal.

Suddenly, you couldn't seem to look him in those maroon eyes anymore, you no longer felt worthy like when you first met him.

You felt your chest tighten and your heart ached in agony, your mind wanted you to resist this feelings, move on from him. But your heart and soul couldn't.

It was like, in the short period of time you had spent with him.. He was an essential member of your life now.

Why were you thinking like this? Why couldn't you just move on? Meet another guy, there were loads of guys in Tokyo, in JAPAN.

WHY DID IT HAVE TO BE THIS ONE. What's wrong with you?

You could feel tears well up in your eyes but they didn't fall.

"Y/n-Chan?" Tengen spoke softly.

"Tengen-sama," You managed to compose yourself "What are you doing with my sister?"

You couldn't show weakness, not now not ever, you felt shaky but tried to have an unfazed expression.

Tengen looked at you shocked for a moment then he felt guilt.

"There was a demon here.. I came back to kill it, it attacked your sister and-- Y/n-Chan?"

You looked down trying to hide your falling tears, your hands and body trembled vigorously.

'Why did I think that he would actually come back for me? Am I that dense?' You thought, anger building up inside of you.

"Y/n-Chan are you okay--"

"Don't me Y/n-Chan anymore!" You meant to sound menacing and serious but your voice came out shaky and softer than intended, there was deep hurt behind it.

You squeezed your hands walking up to him and taking Tsuki from him, carrying her petite body like a baby then picking up the book from the floor.

"Thank you for saving my sister, I owe you my regards." You said bowing your head before walking away.

Tengen watched you leave dumbfounded, he wasn't prepared, he never knew what he was going to do if he saw you again.

And now that he'd seen you, he felt like the world's biggest fool. He knew now that your decision... You never wanted to leave him, he only thought so.

He only left because he was afraid of your rejection, he didn't want to have to face it so he ran away... Like a coward. He should just leave you alone... Right?

What difference would it make?

***

The streets were empty as you walked away, suddenly you felt a warm hand on your shoulder.

You turned around... Tengen-sama?

Your heart beat, what was wrong with you?

Before you could speak, Tengen cut you off.

"I'm sorry," Tengen suddenly got on his knees shocking you. "I'm sorry for leaving you. I was scared, I was a coward like every other stage of my life. I was scared of your rejection, it's pathetic I know."

Tengen put his head at your feet, at this time, streams of tears were rolling down your cheeks.

"Please forgive me, Y/n-San." Tengen begged you.

You stood frozen, you didn't know what to do, what to say, how to respond without sounding like an idiot.

Instead of words you just cried like an idiot. You where too overwhelmed, it was too much for you.

Tengen looked up at you and immediately stood up wiping your tears.

"Y/n-Chan, don't cry. It's my fault, I'll fix everything, I swear."

****

Rin sat paced the living room worried, she had already sent servants to look for you.

Finally you walked through the door, Tsuki in your arms.

You put her on one of the couches.

"Y/n-Chan! Where have you been! Do, you know how worr--" Rin was cut off when Tengen walked in.

Rin looked at you, shock in her eyes. "Y/n-san," Rin looked at you with disbelief "Why is he back? Don't tell me you're leaving with him."

"I don't plan on leaving with him," I said with a calm voice "At least not until Aoki recovers."

"You're such a fool," Aunt replied anger in her voice, she turned to Tengen "Can't you just leave her alone! She isn't even your real wife!"

"Okaasan I made a mistake but--"

"Don't you dare call me 'okaasan'," Aunt shook with anger "You're no part of my family, have some respect and get out!"

"Okaasan!" You yelled catching her attention. She looked at you with shock.

"Okaasan," You lowered your voice "I'm.. I'm more than capable of making my own decisions, I'm not a child, I'm not you who can easily.. What I'm trying to say to say is that, I'm obliged to make my own decisions."

"I will stay here till Aoki makes a recovery and he's physically, mentally and emotionally okay," I continued "I'm not abandoning my family, I'll visit you guys but you're not my real family, at least not anymore... I'm married now."

Rin didn't reply, her hands and body were still shaky, she was still angry but she didn't say anything.

Suddenly, her body relaxed and you thought she was going to say something but she didn't. Instead she retreated upstairs but when she was midway up the the stairs she spoke.

"You're right Y/n-Chan, you are old enough to make your own decision. But even if you're wrong of if you're right which is not likely. Remember you'll always have a home back here."
Rin spoke before going back upstairs.