c h a p t e r_t h i r t y o n e: Missing pearl necklace

Stirring in her sleep, Y/n groaned in pain upon feeling her head starting to ache over the littlest movement. Reluctantly she opened her eyes, seeing the familiar roof of her room she sighed in relief.

Taking her phone from the bedside table to check the time, 2:34 pm, guess she missed school either ways it was a friday, glancing down at her outfit Y/n groaned once more but because of frustration.

She was wearing the dress she wore at the dinner party last night, and by the looks of it, Y/n must've had one too many drinks the other night, glancing at the closed balcony door, there was something that happened there, she just couldn't pin point it.

Which got her thinking, what had happened the night before? Now that she's sober, although she was experiencing hangover but no memories whatsoever of last night lingered in her brain;

Putting on the red off shoulder mermaid dress her mother personally picked out for her she'll say that her mother has taste, the material hugging her figure deliciously topped with pearl accessories just made the whole look even better.

Y/n couldn't believe at what she's seeing at the mirror. There she was wearing a very expensive beautiful dress attending a dinner party that'll be swarming with elites.

It was like a fever dream- Scratch that, everything was a fever dream.

Stripping down her dress as she submerged unto the bathtub that her butlers have prepared, subconsciously she touched her collarbone, did she take her necklace off? Y/n couldn't remember. Touching her ears to feel if the earrings were still there.

To her surprise, it was still there.

Azurè climbed on her balcony catching his breath upon finally succeeding, today was the day, he'll sleep on his girlfriend's room. They haven't talked about it, but he feels like it was necessary, specially there was a leech in their relationship that he couldn't squash.

Stealthily he entered her room from her balcony, there was no light whatsoever but only the one that illuminated on the cracks of the door that led to the hallway, adrenaline was pumping through his veins as he started to explore her room.

Luckily there was an event happening downstairs, which gave him time to do so, Y/n's scent was all over the place, from her bed to her curtains, which was odd. But he sure was glad that he sniffed it.

His addams apple bobbed as he made his way unto where her closet doors reside, his breathing was becoming labored as his hand grasped on the knob, twisting it as he wasted no time in opening it, revealing Y/n's clothes in the racks. Quickly he opened his duffel bag to fetch his journal that contains everything about his girl.

Taking notes of the types of clothing she wears,
Shoes and jackets she preferred so on.

His eyes now traveled on the drawers that contained her underwear, his heart thumping against his chest as he opened the drawer. Blood traveling on his face as he did a quick sketch, despite the fact that he'll get caught because he's stalling and not getting into position to which he planned.

But this was an opportunity of a lifetime, putting his journal back in his duffel bag he was about to close the wooden drawers, but a voice in his head told him to get one for future purposes. Azurè was sure that his girlfriend wouldn't mind, sure she'd be mad for not asking permission.

Fuck it, she has a lot what's the difference if one went missing.

Hastily he took the pink colored ones before closing it.

Now that she was dressed in comfortable clothes, Y/n made her way downstairs to eat or perhaps talk to the butlers and house maids.

"Good morning ms." The chef greeted her, she greeted back as she sat on the dinner table, "Mr, is Samuel here?" She asked, feeling quite bad that she doesn't know his name, "Do you wish for me to call him?"

"It's ok, i can do it, thank you!" She stood up and ran, "Your breakfast!" The chef shouted behind her, as he was preparing a meal.

Stumbling inside her room, her head spinning and the aftertaste of alcohol lingering in the back of her throat, Y/n was not a lightweight person, but damn she wished that the brand of alcohol she induced existed in her world.

The light flickered open as the male trailing behind Y/n turned it on, gradually supporting the girl, preventing her from tripping and straining her ankles. "Ms, do take your heels off."

Mindlessly Y/n kicked the stilettos off her feet, presenting her barefoot proudly at Samuel.

"Samuel, i'm fine you can leave now." She slurred, "Ms, i will leave when your settled-
Shushing the older man as Y/n grinned, "I got this, don't worry about me." The man was of course concerned for the girl's wellbeing but if she wishes to left alone, then he must leave her alone.

Excusing himself as he exited the room, closing the door behind him. Y/n wanted to plop down the fluffy looking bed that seemed to keep enticing her to lay down. Yet she found herself trudging towards the balcony door, blink and she was now outside on the balcony.

Inhaling fresh air, her world spinning as she walked towards the railing, blink she looked down at the ground of the 1st floor, if she were to jump right now, and her fight of flight kicks in she could go home instantly.

Y/n was about to step on the railing to help her jump and blink arms snaked around her waist, pulling her farther away from the railings and inside her room. "HELP!" She screamed but her mouth was then covered as the person shushed her. "Shhh, it's Azure no need to scream." He whispered in her ear.

"Azure?!"

She vaguely remembered Azure being present last night, but she couldn't remember him being at the party at all, Y/n went on a hunt for Samuel just to ask for the name of the guests invited to the dinner party. That would be the only logical explanation to as why he was there.

Skipping through the pages as she ate the breakfast prepared for her, Y/n's eyes were peeled for his name amongst the invites. Yet his name was not on the guest list. Which raised her suspicions higher.

The story has started, from what she concluded because of Hoshi's ominous letter, Y/n knew what Azure was capable off. Although he's not as dangerous as Christina, but he has creepy tendencies, and stalking habits.

Y/n was unsure about Kotaro's character, he seems to be forgotten by the author, as the whole book revolved around Christina and Azure descending into madness.

As she was deep in thought, the doorbell rang, the butler seemed to be approaching the door without asking who the person on the other side might be, he swung it open;

There stood two police officers looming over him with a shadow casted on their faces,

"Is Y/n Shiro here?"

"May we have a word with her?" 

Now seated across two police officers, one woman and one man, two of them staring at Y/n rather eerily, she wanted break the silence that coated the three of them. Yet she couldn't bring herself to, her eyes gradually looking back at them to see the house maids and butlers peeking their head from the kitchen.

"Am i in trouble?"

"What makes you say that?" The woman police officer replied, "I mean i don't know why you guys are here."

"No offense." She say almost in a whisper upon feeling intimidated by their gaze, "No, we're here to ask about your relationship with Ivana Ivory."

"You both are friends yes?" Now the male officer asked, Y/n nodded, "Is there something wrong?"

"Miss Y/n, your friend Ivana is missing."

"We would like to know if you knew anything that would lead to her disappearance."

- To Be Continued