𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚

TW: Blood, language, gore, death

Zaiden

I couldn't blame Raelynn for being upset with me. I didn't want anything bad to happen to Ikra—I kinda liked the kid—but I didn't want anything to happen to Raelynn either. But why?

I looked at the young woman sitting on a stump. She looked up at me and we locked eyes. Only for a second before she glared at me and promptly turned the other way. I chuckled and looked down, kicking at some dirt. God, she was so cute when she was angry.

"I can't believe you made me leave my baby sister to die."

I rolled my eyes. "She's not a baby, darling. She's ten, and quite smart for a ten-year-old, I might add." Raelynn looked up at me, brown eyes wide. "How did you know all that?" I smiled and turned away, crossing my arms. "I have my ways, sweetheart."

I heard leaves rustle as she stood. "Do you have ways of getting my sister back if she's kidnapped by those assholes?" "They won't take her. It's me they're after." I turned to Raelynn. "She's safer with Lilith."

In the blink of an eye Raelynn had me by the collar of my shirt and was staring directly into my eyes. "Who the fuck is Lilith?" I grabbed her wrists and looked down at her. "My sister. Ikra is safe, trust me." She clenched her jaw and I saw a vein in her neck pulse. "Give me one good reason."

I effortlessly pried her hands off my shirt and pushed her up against a tree, pinning her hands above her head. She gasped, eyes widening in surprise. I wanted her to gasp for other reasons.

"Because" I whispered, leaning in so close that our noses were almost touching. "I'm the only one who can protect you." At that she scoffed. "Please," I gasped as the wind was knocked out of me when she slammed her knee into my stomach.

I doubled over, one arm wrapped around my stomach. Raelynn leaned down and grabbed my face, forcing me to look into her eyes. "I don't need anyone to protect me." She leaned in close, brushing her lips against mine. "Sweetheart."

God, this woman was driving me crazy.

She released me and rose to full height and walked a few feet away from me. I stood up and walked up behind her. She was staring at something on the ground. "What's this?" She muttered, squatting down to get a better look. I bent down next to her and brushed the dirt and leaves out of the way.

Raelynn's breath caught as we both simultaneously realized what it was. "Don't move." I whispered. Raelynn didn't say anything, but she was breathing heavily. I muttered a curse and looked around. There had to be something I could do.

"Well, well." I swallowed hard. Shit.

A girl dressed in all black with her face covered stepped out from around a tree. "It looks like we've found you, Zaiden." She tilted her head to one side and, despite the fact that her face was covered, I knew she was smiling at me. "Your father is looking for you."

I clenched my jaw. "Well, you can tell him to go fuck himself. Because I'm not coming home." The smile faded from the woman's eyes. She sighed. "I didn't want to have to do this kid." Before I could blink, she pulled out a gun and pulled the trigger; Raelynn collapsed to the ground. I felt as if the ground had opened up and I was falling, endlessly.

Raelynn let out choked gasp, blood leaking out of her mouth. I snapped out of whatever spell I'd been under and dropped to my knees beside her. I was aware of the fact that there were at least six people around me, but I didn't care.

I quickly took off my sweater and pressed it against Raelynn's chest. She groaned, eyelids fluttering. "No. No no no. C'mon, stay awake." She coughed, blood splattering across her already blood-soaked chest. The woman behind me laughed. "Aw. Another one you couldn't save?"

A ringing sound filled my ears, drowning out the sound of them laughing. And soon a voice joined the ringing.

Kill them.

It said,

Make them pay.

I realized that I was shaking.

They have to pay for what they did.

My body seemed to move on its own accord. I stood up and walked over to the woman. "I knew you'd make the right choice." She cooed. I could hear my heart pounding. "Now," The woman said, resting a hand on my shoulder. "Let's go home."

Home?

Revenge.

I kicked the woman in the stomach and snatched the gun from her hands. I shoved the barrel into her mouth and pulled the trigger. Her head split open, and her brains exploded, covering my face in blood. I heard a shout behind me.

Kill them.

I spun around and shot the two men running at me in the head, point blank. I knew there were at least two more people watching me. Where were they?

I turned at the sound of leaves rustling. A woman knelt next to Raelynn's body, wielding a large knife. I didn't waste a second. Her lifeless body fell onto Raelynn's stomach. She grunted, face twisting in pain. I shoved the woman's body off her and heard a twig snap behind me.

Make them pay.

I spun around only for the gun to be knocked out of my hand. "Ah ah! It's time to go home, little boy." I quickly grabbed the knife the woman had been welding and jumped on the man, tackling him to the ground. I stabbed him repeatedly in the chest. The sounds of his screams while he choked and struggled beneath made me smile. Good. He deserved to suffer.

I pulled the knife out of his chest and looked down at him with a wide grin. "Night night." I whispered and drove the knife into his eye. He died instantly.

I climbed off his body and hurried back over to Raelynn. Her eyes were closed but she was breathing. But who knew how long that'd last? I carefully slid my arms under her legs and around her back. She groaned; her head lolled against my chest.

I realized that I couldn't go to a hospital. I looked down at the five bodies around us. My father would find me. I looked down at Raelynn, she was quickly turning white. I had to get her some help. I bit my lip and weighed my options.

I could go back to the abandoned house, there was bound to be medical supplies in there. But my father would most likely send a group of men over there after the first group doesn't return. Then I'd be taken back home, and Raelynn would be left to die.

I could continue on, but Raelynn might die before we reach any place where she could get help.

Why did I care so much? I looked down at Raelynn. I could just leave her here. Forget any of this ever happened. She wasn't my responsibility.

I shook my head. No. I couldn't do that. I'd never be able to forgive myself.

Our best option was to go forward. I looked down at Raelynn. She looked so peaceful, if I didn't know any better, I'd think she was sleeping. "Don't worry." I whispered as I started walking. "We'll get you some help."