Meanwhile...

MEANWHILE DURING THE ROBBERY...

As Hosea had gotten grabbed by the Pinkertons, Abigail had luckily managed to slip away and escape the law. However, she could not go back to camp so soon just yet despite desperately wanting to, she missed her son. She waited about an hour or two. Hiding, laying low someplace until she was sure the law had lost her and rode back into camp as the night was approaching fast.

All the other gang member's were just going about their daily tasks and routines. Sadie and Simon were the only two on Guard duty since Karen was pretty much too drunk to even try and do anything. She had been drinking alot more ever since Sean's death but nobody dared try say anything since if they did she often snapped at them. Simon was watching the main trail into camp, waiting quietly and soon enough he saw something coming towards them.

"Somebody's coming!" He yelled alerting the camp as the all came to see now. Simon raised his binoculars whilst Sadie raised her repeater aiming it straight at the trail. Simon blinked at what he saw being in a bit of shock.

"Jesus, it's Abigail on foot!!" He quickly lowered his binoculars and Sadie did the same with her rifle as the two of them started moving towards Abigail as she approached still. As she got closer, it became more visible she was worried and distressed.

"Abigail, w-what happened? Where are the others?" Sadie asked kindly taking Abigail's hand to try calm her slightly. "H-Hosea...they grabbed Hosea. There was pinkertons everywhere..I dont know about the others. Where is Jack?!" Abigail said trying to catch her breath as her dress was covered in dust and dirt now from running.

Simon sighed "Goddammit..Jack is with the others. Come on.." He said holding his rifle in his one hand as he helped take her to the rest of the gang now. Jack came out running and instantly hugged his mom and their reunion was shortlived sadly.

Sadie then spoke up as everyone was huddled together near Abigail and everyone was clearly concerned now at the absence of their leader Dutch and nobody was willing to step up and lead the gang now as they would have to be moving fast. "Alright everybody, listen up!" She said as the whole gang looked at her now even Simon. Their faces filled with fear and worry. "We can't stay here..we don't know if the others are even going to make it back so does anybody know of anywhere we can go?"

The gang looked around at each other and just as it seemed nobody was going to respond, Herr Strauss spoke up : "I have heard of a plaze from ze locals. Zhey are terrified of it so nobody should come looking for us. Its called Lakay it's a bit to the north, by the swamps." He said with visible worry in his voice, as they all were.

Sadie nodded her head "Alright then, everybody start packing your shit up and fast as you can. That's where we will go. Now start packing, come on!" She said raising her voice a bit as if trying to and succeeding into spurring the gang into action now. They all quickly scurried off and began packing the gang's stuff up into their wagons. Simon stood next to Sadie as they did so. "You go help with the packing Sadie..I'll keep an eye on the trail in case anyone else shows up." He said calmly and softly to her as Sadie just nodded her head in response to him and went to join with the packing.

As the gang was wrapping up their packing, the wagons almost fully loaded and everyone still in fear since no gang members that had gone on the robbery had returned and Sadie was feeling the weight, since everybody was looking to her as the leader now. "Someone else is coming!!" Simon yelled aiming his rifle down the trail as he saw someone riding towards them on a horse and fast. The whole gang froze in their tracks as it was about midnight now and it was hard to see who it was.

"Don't shoot! It's Charles Smith!! We have to go!!" Charles yelled as he approached the camp and it became easier to see it was actually him so Simon lowered his gun. "Thank god..someone lived. Come on, we are almost ready to move out of here..Sadie will explain.." He said to Charles as he began walking down towards the camp and towards the others with Charles now who galloped ahead slightly and quickly got off his horse to speak with Sadie.