# Chapter 0: The Gathering Storm

The city of Sarvada was a symphony of colors and sounds, a canvas painted with the vibrant hues of life itself. Viraj stepped through its gates, the familiar scent of spiced meats and sweet fruits greeting him like an old friend. The cobblestone streets, worn smooth by countless footsteps, led him to the heart of the city where the past and present melded into one.

He found his childhood friends, the twin gamers and his old friend Zeur, engrossed in their usual pastime at the corner of the bustling market square. Their table was a chaotic display of strategy and chance, drawing a small crowd of onlookers who marveled at their skill.

"Viraj, the prodigal son returns!" they exclaimed in unison, their faces splitting into wide grins.

Viraj chuckled, shaking his head at their theatrics. "And here I thought you'd have conquered the world by now," he teased, taking a seat beside them.

Their laughter was a balm to his soul, a reminder of simpler times. They resumed their game, the clatter of dice and the shuffling of cards a familiar backdrop to their reunion.

As the sun began its descent, casting long shadows across the square, a hushed silence fell upon the crowd. Viraj turned to see what had captured their attention and found himself locking eyes with Zeur, his oldest friend. Zeur's gaze held a depth that few could fathom, a silent understanding that spoke of shared secrets and unspoken bonds.

Zeur nodded slightly, a gesture that went unnoticed by the others. "The winds are changing, Viraj," he murmured, his voice barely audibles above the din of the square.

Viraj felt a chill run down his spine, a premonition of the storm that was brewing on the horizon. He nodded, acknowledging Zeur's words with a heavy heart. They both knew that the time for games was coming to an end, that the prophecy whispered by the ancients was unfurling its wings.

The moment was broken by the arrival of a mysterious woman, her presence commanding and enigmatic. She moved through the square with a grace that belied the turmoil that Viraj sensed beneath her calm exterior. Her guardian, a man whose stern countenance spoke of rigid control, followed close behind, his hand gripping her arm with an intensity that made Viraj's fists clench.

Her eyes met Viraj's, and in that brief exchange, he saw the flicker of a kindred spirit—a warrior cloaked in the guise of a maiden, a tempest concealed within the calm. He knew then that she was a pivotal piece in the puzzle that was Sarvada's destiny, a puzzle that he, too, was a part of.

As the day gave way to night, and the stars began their silent vigil, Viraj's thoughts were a whirlwind of questions and possibilities. The prophecy loomed over them all, a tapestry of fate that was slowly unraveling, revealing the threads of their lives woven within its intricate design.

The chapter closed with the promise of revelations and the certainty of change. Viraj stood at the crossroads of his past and future, the echoes of the prophecy ringing in his ears. The heroes of Sarvada were awakening, and their journey was just beginning—a journey that would test their courage, their loyalty, and the very essence of their elemental powers.

                                                                                                                                                           to be continued....