Chapter 15

In the midst of the bustling preparations for the grand wedding of their son, Mr. and Mrs. Jeon were enveloped in a whirlwind of excitement and anticipation. Mrs. Jeon, in particular, spared no expense in customising every detail to perfection, from the exquisite million-dollar tuxedo for her son to the lavish arrangements for her soon-to-be daughter-in-law.

As the days drew closer to the wedding date, Mrs. Jeon's enthusiasm only grew, fueling her desire for a destination wedding that would be nothing short of spectacular. She had her heart set on Daegu, a city rich in heritage and culture, where many of their relatives from her side resided.

"I want this wedding to be unforgettable, something that everyone will talk about for years to come," Mrs. Jeon exclaimed, her eyes sparkling with excitement as she discussed the plans with Mr. Jeon.

Mr. Jeon, a man of few words but immense love for his family, nodded in agreement. "Whatever makes you happy," he replied, his voice filled with affection.

The preparations for the destination wedding in Daegu were meticulous and elaborate. Mrs. Jeon personally oversaw every detail, from the luxurious venue adorned with exquisite decorations to the meticulously curated menu featuring gourmet delicacies.

One evening, as they sat together reviewing the final arrangements, Mrs. Jeon couldn't contain her excitement. "It's going to be a dream wedding, don't you think?" she asked, her eyes shining with anticipation.

Mr. Jeon smiled warmly, his love for his wife evident in every gesture. "Yes, it will be a beautiful celebration and something different that you and Jeongsuk will never think about it," he replied, reaching out to hold her hand.

Jungkook, determined to expand his enterprise and focused on his business goals, had flown to Japan for a crucial deal. He knew that staying away from home was the best way to avoid the constant provocations from his brother, Jeongsuk.

Jeongsuk had a way of getting under Jungkook's skin, always finding opportunities to mock him or make snide remarks about his decisions. Recently, he had been flaunting his association with a pretty girl, teasing Jungkook about the potential regret she might face for marrying him.

As Jungkook immersed himself in the negotiations and meetings in Japan, he felt a sense of relief being away from the toxic environment at home. He was determined not to let his brother's words affect his focus or confidence.

One evening, as Jungkook was going over the details of the deal in his hotel room, his phone buzzed with a message from Jeongsuk. "Having fun with your deals in Japan? Hope you're not forgetting about our little family drama back home," the message read, dripping with sarcasm.

Jungkook clenched his jaw, fighting the urge to respond angrily. He knew that engaging in such exchanges would only distract him from his objectives. Instead, he took a deep breath and focused on the task at hand, determined to make the Japan trip a success despite the challenges back home.

Throughout his stay, Jungkook remained disciplined and avoided getting entangled in unnecessary conflicts. He channelled his energy into productive work, knowing that his success in the business deal would be the best response to his brother's taunts.

As the deal concluded successfully and Jungkook prepared to return home, he reflected on the importance of staying focused amidst distractions and not letting negativity derail his progress. His determination to succeed, both personally and professionally, remained unshaken despite the challenges he faced.

Mr. Jeon had once extended a helping hand to Jeongsuk, believing in his potential and assisting him in starting a new startup. However, Jeongsuk's reckless behaviour soon became apparent when he squandered all the money in gambling, neglecting his responsibilities and the trust placed in him.

Fed up with Jeongsuk's irresponsible actions, Mr. Jeon took decisive measures. He seized Jeongsuk's credit card, which had been entrusted to him for business purposes, to prevent further financial disasters and protect the family's reputation. However, this action resulted in a public humiliation for the family when the bank exposed Jeongsuk's mismanagement.

Facing the consequences of his actions, Jeongsuk had to relinquish control over everything to Mr. Jeon. He was left with no choice but to retreat to the mansion that his father had built through years of hard work and dedication. Despite his shortcomings, Mr. Jeon remained steadfast and resolute, maintaining his pride and dignity in the face of adversity.

Meanwhile, Jungkook emerged as a beacon of hope and support for the family. His dedication to the business, responsible decision-making, and unwavering commitment to success brought a sense of stability and pride to Mr. Jeon. While Jeongsuk's actions had caused turmoil and embarrassment, Jungkook's achievements served as a source of strength and redemption for the family.