i. the wallflower at the party

one  the wallflower at the party (prologue)

one the wallflower at the party
(prologue)

FLORENCE KNIGHTLEY WAS as pureblooded as any of the Slytherins in her year, the only exception? She was a Gryffindor, did she get disowned or argue with her parents over that fact? No.

Why not? Because her family was proud to be brave, courageous, and bold. it just so happens that Gareth Knightley was one of the ones who held the satisfaction of the generation of Gryffindors dearest in his heart.

And sure, Florence was also somewhat proud to be part of her family but then again if you're at parties and all you're parents 'friends' offspring will surely end up in the house of snakes Florence be considered as a lion in the snake's den.

Mothers notify their children to not interact with her as she would not be a proper companion. That became a rule amongst the many pureblooded gatherings.

But did that stop a true rule-breaker from going against that exact rule?

🌹

"Mum told me not to talk to you." a voice came out of the dark and a sound of creaking came from the door as it was slowly opened yet still too dark for the person's face to be revealed as the door unlocked. "Says you are not gonna be useful for connections anyways, considering you'll most likely end up in Gryffindor." he continued and Florence could hear the door now slowly but surely close, muting all the chatter that took place from outside of the room.

"How nice of her, your mother sounds like a saint." Florence scoffed and rolled her eyes altogether making the young boy snort. "If she has told you something is it not your job to listen to her?"  she mumbled quietly as she fiddled with the hem of her dark red dress.

"Normally, yes." The boy nodded but just as quickly realized she had not seen as the lights were out. In just a matter of seconds, he flipped the switch, making her look up.

"You see, I do not like my mother very much." he grinned with a shrug, plopping himself on the ground next to her. Florence smiled the slightest though she wouldn't dare show him that. "Oh yeah?" she asked and was met with yet another nod.

"Hmh." He hummed in response then looked down as if debating on what he should do next. "I'm Sirius." The gray-eyed boy decided on saying and offered her his hand.

Florence frowned at the name, she had heard some of the noble Black family's names but still. Naming your kid Sirius?..

She glanced at his hand and back at him and his eyes, her gaze switching between them for some time. She pursed her lips and let her hand meet his. "Florence," she said with slightly quirked-up lips.

"Well, Florence." The boy she had just now known as Sirius Black gave her a smirk that, if you asked her was up to no good.
"I think we are going to be just great friends."

Florence had thought about that statement for a while. 'Friends.' She hadn't had many of those. And she knew very well that the moment they were going to start Hogwarts they'd go separate ways anyway so what would be the point?

A friend.
she had always wanted someone like that, someone to laugh with. Someone to do things with. She found that she much rather would like the company of people than sit and read one of the many boring books her parents would drop on her desk.

So, she gave him a big grin and replied:
"I think we will, Black." The wallflower of all the parties had agreed.

And so from that moment on, at those many parties, there would be a Black and a Knightley missing from the dance floor and would instead be found in one of the rooms somewhere in the big houses.

If only one had just actually paid attention to the two they would have noticed, but no one ever thinks to look up.

not checked for grammar

680 words

hello, welcome to one of the three books in The Dreams series. I am not American nor am I English and will obviously not have as good writing as many others on here. I am not all too well familiar with expensive words but am learning every day!

I don't check if I messed up because I'm way too lazy to check after I've written so we'll see how that goes.

This chapter/prologue was written at night and I'm so very tired right now so if I ever think that this is too poorly written then I'm probably going to rewrite it.

My (wp) TikTok username is Need2wp
(I am a way better editor than I am a writer but there's always room for improvement.) 

Enjoy!