The Beginning

I had been walking as if I knew where I was going, taking sharp turns like I had somewhere to be. But the truth was that I had no clue where the fuck I was and why I of all people had been asked to attend.

Wearing the usual unintentional all black, I looked down at the worn sidewalk. It was raining softly, the droplets instilling bubbles that floated above the rest of the water as it streamed into the cracks and crevices of asphalt and concrete.

I better not be late.

I quickened my pace, trudging past storefronts and people chattering about what they were getting for lunch.

What am I even fucking doing?

I stopped walking and stared ahead of myself, the street lights flickering on and illuminating asphalt, the front of the hotel was just steps in front of me now, but my head felt like static.

. . .

"Here, let me show you," Patrick smiled, his hair falling into his face a bit as he tapped his foot slowly, " just make sure to keep time like this, then start."

I had been blushing, as he began to play piano. What A Catch, Donnie has just started, and I was tapping my foot as he had instructed.

"I've got troubled thoughts, and the self esteem to match, what a catch..." I sang to the beat, my eyes shut tightly as my cheeks turned a light pink, the color of rose petals, against the paleness of my skin.

"You're the catch." he giggled and stopped the melody, looking at me as if he was half-expecting me to melt to the floor.

Trust me, if anyone is a 'catch' it's you.